Force Delete

I'm currently having the same problem

GHA

Some stupid file doesnt want to delete. I've tried what you guys mentions. NONE OF THEM WORK!. I am teh angry!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Killz0r EXPLORER (ctrl+alt+del and do it), then DO NOT start it again..........instead, do NEW TASK > CMD, drag your ass to the location of the file and delete it in DOS BEFORE starting Explorer up again.

If that doesn't work, you broke something and you broke it good :D

I broke it good. Because the file WAS read only, and every time I uncheck that, it still doesnt delete (I do click APPLY then OK, Try to delete, NOTHING HAPPENS!). I've gone thru the process several times, AND NOTHING WORKS.

Thanks for your help and all, but nothing works. I guess i just gotta install Win2k and delete it from there.

or..you can always push ctrl+alt+delete...then end go to "processes", then go to where it says..."explorer"..end that process, then go to file and go to "start new task" and from there, find the file you are looking for and delete. Then at the little "start new task" window, type in "explorer" and just go to recycle bin and delete...

...that usually works

I have this all the time on my pc with XP home. I have enough space anyway so I usually just let them be and try again every other day. Eventually I can always delete the files but it can take a few days sometimes.