Best Rpg Opinion Thread!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baldurs Gate II is the best RPG ever imo.

It is nearly impossible to compare PC rpgs with console ones. PC rpgs all seem similar, most of them being based on dungeons and dragons. I don't mind that of course, as long as the games are good, but PC RPG games are getting to mainstream, all following the same old and tired formula, to afraid of trying anything new and exciting.

Well, I guess that's what consoles are for ey' :P

It is nearly impossible to compare PC rpgs with console ones. PC rpgs all seem similar, most of them being based on dungeons and dragons. I don't mind that of course, as long as the games are good, but PC RPG games are getting to mainstream, all following the same old and tired formula, to afraid of trying anything new and exciting.

Well, I guess that's what consoles are for ey' :D

The title of the thread is Best RPG OPINION Thread!

Here's my opinion, console RPGs suck and are for simplistic morons that want to walk around with anime characters and listen to crappy fantasy music. :P Just kidding ofcouse, I like console RPGs.

How are PC RPGs getting to mainstream? Console RPGs seem to be the most popular and what everyone seems to be playing. PC RPGs are a tiny niche trying to compete against the console games. Have you played Neverwinter Nights? Knights of the Old Republic? Fallout? Morrowind?

Well, I guess that's what consoles are for ey' :)

Here's my opinion, console RPGs suck and are for simplistic morons that want to walk around with anime characters and listen to crappy fantasy music. :huh: Just kidding ofcouse, I like console RPGs.

How are PC RPGs getting to mainstream? Console RPGs seem to be the most popular and what everyone seems to be playing. PC RPGs are a tiny niche trying to compete against the console games. Have you played Neverwinter Nights? Knights of the Old Republic? Fallout? Morrowind?

Hey hey, chill Mr. G...Don't diss console RPGs so openly in my presence. I love Fallout 2 other PC RPGs, but please, this is he "Best RPG opinion thread", not "Why console RPGs suck and PC ones do not."

Now that I've got my rant out of the way, I'll drop the bomb with Diablo and Diablo II.

Well, I guess that's what consoles are for ey' :lol:

Here's my opinion, console RPGs suck and are for simplistic morons that want to walk around with anime characters and listen to crappy fantasy music. :) Just kidding ofcouse, I like console RPGs.

Hey hey, chill Mr. G...Don't diss console RPGs so openly in my presence. I love Fallout 2 other PC RPGs, but please, this is he "Best RPG opinion thread", not "Why console RPGs suck and PC ones do not."

Now that I've got my rant out of the way, I'll drop the bomb with Diablo and Diablo II.

I was kidding... :huh: I even said I was. Some of my favorite RPGs are console: Breath of Fire 2, Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger, and Final Fantasy 6. But what he said about PC RPGs being mainstream is wrong...so I responded with a joke and then some serious questions.

Well, I guess that's what consoles are for ey' :lol:

Here's my opinion, console RPGs suck and are for simplistic morons that want to walk around with anime characters and listen to crappy fantasy music. :) Just kidding ofcouse, I like console RPGs.

I was kidding... :huh: I even said I was. Some of my favorite RPGs are console: Breath of Fire 2, Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger, and Final Fantasy 6. But what he said about PC RPGs being mainstream is wrong...so I responded with a joke and then some serious questions.

Fair enough....PC RPGs are definitely not "mainstream" in the true sense of the word.

Kotor is a console RPG.

Most PC games DO follow the DnD rules.

And was Fallout 2 better than 1?  The first Fallout wasn't that good IMO.

Well the D&D games follow D&D rules because they are D&D games. :lol: I will admit that the more popular ones are D&D, but that's such an expansive universe.

And Fallout 2 was better than 1, but 1 was still good. It's just that Fallout 2 was ultra awesome, which makes Fallout 1 just plain awesome.

Thats because the DnD's d20 system is supiror above everything else. Everyone elses is just a modified version! DnD owns all other rule sets.

*At a test* Will I pass?

teacher: roll a d20, must get higher then 15

*rolls* WOOT I PASS!

Teacher: thats 17, so you get 70% on your test

sigh, only if life was THAT easy.

Neverwinter Nights > all other PC (execpt Pools of Radience (sp?) DND games.

Thats because the DnD's d20 system is supiror above everything else. Everyone elses is just a modified version! DnD owns all other rule sets.

*At a test* Will I pass?

teacher: roll a d20, must get higher then 15

*rolls* WOOT I PASS!

Teacher: thats 17, so you get 70% on your test

sigh, only if life was THAT easy.

Neverwinter Nights > all other PC (execpt Pools of Radience (sp?) DND games.

No that was suck.

Roll!

Snake eyes.

Aww crap :-D

RPGS need to get out of the

Save something

Retrieve Item

Destroy ultimate evil/good

Story lines :lol: