Best Rpg Opinion Thread!

Yeah, FF9 was easy. But I'd say the same thing about ff8 and ff7. Either way, I still enjoyed the game. It didn't try to take itself too seriously, as if the plot was more deep, tragic, epic, whatever than it really was. *coughFF8cough*

I found FF8 to be hard if you didn't whore it through with "Squall in constant yellow + Renzokuken madness" FFX-2 throws some pretty nasty monsters at you early on.

Regarding FF8, I think as long as you don't level up hardcore, the game will be relatively easy throughout.

FFX-2 featured a different structure in terms of allowing the player to now chose different paths/missions and such, so yeah, there'd be a couple of missions from early on which would be too difficult to complete unless you're at a certain level or mastered a few job classes and whatnot -- that's why you avoid them unless certain conditions are met. Like the underground Bevelle mission (something 1000 maze of Incognito or whatever it was called), I think I've only made it to the second boss (that black elemental), and I didn't want to put in the extra time and work needed to complete the rest.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say we start a ShadowRun esque RPG ! No codes or what ever, just plain old text!

I'm back to 60% in FFx-2 after my brother jacked and deleted my memory card stuff.

Out of curiosity, does anyone else here play the actual Shadowrun RPG?

PnP?

I used to back in like 7th and 8th grade. My character was a dwarf with experitise in demolitions, machine guns, and driving. His name was Gulliver Travelle. That's all I remember, but it was fun.

Yeah, FF9 was easy. But I'd say the same thing about ff8 and ff7. Either way, I still enjoyed the game. It didn't try to take itself too seriously, as if the plot was more deep, tragic, epic, whatever than it really was. *coughFF8cough*

I found FF8 to be hard if you didn't whore it through with "Squall in constant yellow + Renzokuken madness" FFX-2 throws some pretty nasty monsters at you early on.

Regarding FF8, I think as long as you don't level up hardcore, the game will be relatively easy throughout.

FFX-2 featured a different structure in terms of allowing the player to now chose different paths/missions and such, so yeah, there'd be a couple of missions from early on which would be too difficult to complete unless you're at a certain level or mastered a few job classes and whatnot -- that's why you avoid them unless certain conditions are met. Like the underground Bevelle mission (something 1000 maze of Incognito or whatever it was called), I think I've only made it to the second boss (that black elemental), and I didn't want to put in the extra time and work needed to complete the rest.

Dude, I completely freaked out when I met Angra Maniyu at the desert on my digging run. :lol: I've played the game roughly 32% now, I'm at the beginning of Chapter 3.

Edited by Agozer

Yeah, same here. But then I found out that it didn't retaliate or anything, so... :lol:

Wait till Chapter 4 (or was it 5?), there'll be a new mission in the desert where you'll have to bring down the Angry (is it angry?) Maniya. It took me a number of tries to figure out the right pattern, and even then, it took me around half an hour to beat it.

It gets even better when you go underground in Bevelle later in the game. The bosses there gets more and more insanely difficult -- good thing it's optional.

I probably got a crappy ending for the game (finished at around 85% without any guides). So far, I haven't had the urge to play it over a second time. Battle system is fun and fast-paced though.

Edited by Captain FuKu

What, Angra Maniyu doesn't do anything?

Yeah, that Underground Bevelle mission was called Via Infinito, I think.

Uh...can't remember for sure. I don't recall getting wiped out by it, so it probably just knocks out (as in out of the battle field) one or two members of your party, but it doesn't deal damage -- at least, not at that portion of the game. Yeah, can't recall for certain.

This game gets my vote for the easiest last boss of all Final Fantasy. :D

I dunno if the Suikoden series was brought up, but I love these games. One of the top series' imo. The scope of the plots for these games r among some of the most grand i've ever come across in an rpg, so much that they haven't even covered all of the Suikoden world yet. Great game. Any of u agree? I can't wait to check out S4.

What, Angra Maniyu doesn't do anything?

Yeah, that Underground Bevelle mission was called Via Infinito, I think.

The 100 Levels of Underground i think is a direct translation is. I have no idea what Square named it when it came state-side.

<- Level 5 Street Samurai, cutting up baddies since 2001.