Best Rpg Opinion Thread!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xenosaga was pretty good considering it was only episode 1. I think FFVII is really overrated though.

Also plan on playing Xenogears, but haven't had the time.

Shadow Hearts looked interesting but never had a chance to play it. And Vagrant Story also grabbed my interest, but then I've heard that the game incorporated "box puzzles" throughout. I hate puzzles.

I'm ranting so... -_-

Xenosaga was pretty good considering it was only episode 1. I think FFVII is really overrated though.

Also plan on playing Xenogears, but haven't had the time.

Shadow Hearts looked interesting but never had a chance to play it. And Vagrant Story also grabbed my interest, but then I've heard that the game incorporated "box puzzles" throughout. I hate puzzles.

I'm ranting so... -_-

The box puzzles in Vagrant Story aren't that hard. It's the fighting system that you either hate with a passion or then you love it.

Wild ARMs 3 gets my vote...and Dark Chronicle.

i would say kingdom hearts just cuz it''s real time fighting RPG unlike all the others

I think FFVII is really overrated though.

THANK YOU LORD, SHOW THE TRUTH UNTO US!!

Omg i've always said that n rarely find anyone that agrees with me. Good stuff.

Oh man, u played Xenosaga BEFORE Xenogears? I would've recommended otherwise. Xenogears is the ultimate.

I think FFVII is really overrated though.

THANK YOU LORD, SHOW THE TRUTH UNTO US!!

Omg i've always said that n rarely find anyone that agrees with me. Good stuff.

Oh man, u played Xenosaga BEFORE Xenogears? I would've recommended otherwise. Xenogears is the ultimate.

-_- Believe it or not, there are people out there who aren't as hyped about FFVII as the mainstream public. Very few, but they're out there.

As for Xenogears: Yeah, I've heard it was much better than Xenosaga. But that's one of the reason why I played Xenosaga first. Didn't want to start comparing and end up dissapointed. Besides, we've only played episode one of Xenosaga, and in the long run, it may measure up to Xenogears. Yep, I'm optimistic about it.

i think all Final Fantasy ahould have their own name instead of a number

cuz they don't even link except for FFX and FFX-2 which i was suprise that square soft/enix did that.

The box puzzles in Vagrant Story aren't that hard. It's the fighting system that you either hate with a passion or then you love it.

So, just wondering, did you like the game (Vagrant Story) overall. If not, what annoyed you about the game?

I'm asking because I don't have the option of renting this first before buying. Obviously since the game is a bit old, I can't find anyplace that rents it out. I do know a place I can buy a new copy so... Also wondering how I'd do considering that strategy guides are no longer in print. Well, there's always online faqs, but I never liked those for many reasons.

So, just wondering, did you like the game (Vagrant Story) overall. If not, what annoyed you about the game?

I'm asking because I don't have the option of renting this first before buying. Obviously since the game is a bit old, I can't find anyplace that rents it out. I do know a place I can buy a new copy so... Also wondering how I'd do considering that strategy guides are no longer in print. Well, there's always online faqs, but I never liked those for many reasons.

If you want my honest opinion....It's one of Squaresoft's masterpieces IMO, but the battle system take a lot of getting used to... and some people start pulling their hair out once they gotten past the first 10-15 mins of gameplay.

Why? Because the battle system revolves around timing and the presence of RISK. As the character strikes with his sword, the RISK meter goes up. As it goes up, you have better chances of dealing criticals...But in turn, your accuracy drops. So picture this: You're battling with a huge boss, and your RISK is max (100). Most of your attacks get whiffed or they cause 0 damage. Get my point?Some see it as a curse and some see it as a way to extend the battle system.

Secondly, the game is quite hard. I've had it for quite a while and still haven't been able to beat it.

Thirdly, the game gives you a whole lot to customize in terms of equipment. I suck at putting things together from various materials, so this wasn't my thing.

Take my ranting any way you like, but I would urge you to test it before you form an opinion based on mine; who knows, you might like it.

Edited by Agozer