Buying Import Games?

I live in the UK and normally buy my import stuff from the web site Goblin Direct, but for a US gamecube game they charge me £50 which works out $91, and I'm pretty sure you guy's don't pay $91 for a game at a local sore!, so right away they are makeing a huge profit on me!

Does anyone know of a US website/company who deliver to the UK but will sell games to me at US prices? :(

Edited by BobRedthorp

err..in Australia we pay $100 for GC games....Only the real crappy games are cheap....

Anyways, check out www.lik-sang.com...thats where I order my imports from...

Edited by ForceX

for US games there is a site DVD Boxoffice they're based in Canada and are pretty good for new titles. eg. Harvest Moon for gamecube for $56.95 = £22.78. thry also have free shipping.

for US games there is a site DVD Boxoffice they're based in Canada and are pretty good for new titles. eg. Harvest Moon for gamecube for $56.95 = £22.78. thry also have free shipping.

OMG! that is a great site! free shipping worldwide! and only £22 for a game! this is exactly what I am looking for! cheers :(

The only thing that concerns me is this quote from there FAQ:

Orders and Shipping - 'Does the final amount charged to my account reflect the applicable customs charges and taxes for my country?'

It is your responsibility to pay all applicable customs fees and/or taxes. Ontario residents will be required to pay GST & PST. All Canadian residents outside of Ontario will be required to pay GST.

What is GST and PST?

Edited by BobRedthorp

It's all right, we've got one of those goddamn things, a gst is a "goods and services tax", what that basically means is that in that country you have to pay a certain flat-rate amount of tax for each luxury item (but here they consider tampons a luxury item, now I think there's a few women that would disagree with the gov't on that classification).

I believe you guys have (or used to have???) something similar with the VAT?

Anyway, that doesn't affect you unless you live in a country that has the gst.

Do u need a mod chip to play imported games, i just wanna make sure

It's all right, we've got one of those goddamn things, a gst is a "goods and services tax", what that basically means is that in that country you have to pay a certain flat-rate amount of tax for each luxury item (but here they consider tampons a luxury item, now I think there's a few women that would disagree with the gov't on that classification).

I believe you guys have (or used to have???) something similar with the VAT?

Anyway, that doesn't affect you unless you live in a country that has the gst.

We have VAT here, which is why the games are so dear hear, does this mean I will have VAT whn the item is shipped from this website?

Do u need a mod chip to play imported games, i just wanna make sure

For the cube, all you need is a loader disc (for all region). But you can "create" your own modchip, all you need to is add a few wires in and if you want, a switch to swtich it between NTSC to JAP (PAL isn't supported unless you get an actual mod chip or the loader disc)