That Annoying Aim Jingle...

There's nothing worse than sitting in a computer lab ( I'm in one now), trying to get work done, email, or just surf the web, and hear someone sending instant messages back and forth. I'm not just talking about the jingle being almost faint, so that its drowned out. I'm talking about it being lucdicrously loud. Are these people insane!! They have no respect for others whatsoever. To top it off, I even hear the ever popular "YOU"VE GOT MAIL!!" Come on people, cut the crap and turn it DOWN!! No one wants to here you conversing back and forth on *insert any IM with annoying jingle* with your friends in the lab. Go home and do it!!

Another thing that pisses me off is the fact that people forget to log off *insert IM here* when they are finished on the lab computer. I have encountered this a handful of times. This is dangerous for many reasons. First, you can have your account hijacked and second, on some IM's your email is accessible/vulnerable. I'm a pretty mellow person but making this mistake is just sheer stupidity and likewise demands drastic measures. When I find myself in such an instance, I just delete the person's entire buddy list.....PROBLEM SOLVED. You might think this is heavy handed but thats the world for you. The lesson learned is be sure to log off the freckin IM!!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have turned all the sounds off. I just go by the visual que of the blinking taskbar.

I have the new Deadaim but it always asks for a username and seriel key. So I'm going to switch to the new Trillian.

I have the new Deadaim but it always asks for a username and seriel key. So I'm going to switch to the new Trillian.

You do that. I'm using it, ForceX is using it, therefore it is the best.

I had the old Trillian. I don't know why I stopped using it...I still have it installed.

Here I go derailing this innocent thread again...

What version is it? The newest is 2.0 or something like that.

This isn't derailing. We're talking about alternatives to AIM. AIM is in the title. :)

But I have version 1.1. Everytime I tried to get version 2, the connection timed out.

Most strange...never happened to me, except once with MSN

I hate trillian with such a passion. I'll wait till its not buggy as fsck anymore to get it. I use seperate programs, ol skool.