It's Official...

Fastest-Selling Videogame Console

When it comes to home game consoles, Sony has it sussed! Around six years ago they launched their legendary Playstation. In January 2001, they had sold approximately 79.61 million units of the game worldwide. But then on March 4, 2000 Playstation's little brother – Playstation 2 – hit the shelves, selling 98,000 units in four hours.

WANT TO KNOW MORE?

Playstation 2 not only plays amazing games with cool graphics, but it has the facility to play DVD movies and audio CDs too.

CHECK THIS OUT…

Playstation currently holds the Guinness World Record for the best-selling computer games console in the world.

That was from the Guinness world records website.

( http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/ )

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, Playstation MUST be great if all those people have baught it!!!

Follow The Masses, because they are always right!!!

Anon.

Well some people might not want to admit it but the range of games out on the PS2 owns the Xbox and GC....

VF4 EVO, GT4, Kill Zone, WWE Smackdown 5, ICO, Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy X-2 and many others.....

I only own 5 games on the xbox -> Project Gotham 2, Panzor Dragon, Mid Town Madness (Got it for free with my first xbox), Brute Force (Got it for free with my first xbox) and WWE RAW (I know this is the worst wrestling game ever, but it was only $10 and I didn't think it would be as bad as it really is)

The GC has many awesome games as well - Metroid Prime, Legend of Zelda, Super Smash Bro Malee, Animal Forest and many others...

Man the DC has better games than the Xbox.....

Edited by ForceX

The GC has many awesome games as well - Metroid Prime, Legend of Zelda, Super Smash Bro Malee, Animal Forest and many others...

This is why I'm thinking of getting a GameCube....even with the not-so-good controller. Oh well, the controller is good for certain types of games.

Edited by Agozer

Well the GC is very cheap at the moment and you can pick up quality games at a very good price as well....

The GameCube has a pricetag of 99€ here, compared to the Playstation 2 that has a pricetag of 237€. The Bill-Box goes around ~200€. I think my PS2's lens is seeing it's final days, as I started to see some graphical bugs in some of my games. Just have to wait till the new PS2 model gets a decent price.