Kof2004 Hero

fbax is open-sourced as far as i know, and FBA drivers work in FBAX sources to a certain extent.

I'm sure you mean KOF 2003...

i think he means the other bootleg hack of kof2003. is there any difference to the current FBA kof2003 code to use on this game?

Xeon, in the title of dumis' post, he wrote Kof 2004 Hero rather than KoF 2003 Hero. In turn, Agozer mentioned that he probably meant 2003 rather than 2004. I don't know about the Hero hack and I don't think I've seen anyone post a driver for it. It may be prehacked for NeoRageX as it was released for the 2k3plus version. I haven't seen anyone post a driver for even the the NeoRageX hack of KoF 2k3, but if someone has one, the "Plus" version shouldn't be too hard to implement.

hmmm....im sure ive seen at neogamez that it was "2004 Hero"in the title of that hack (which i thought to be sort of funny :lol: - it was back in the early days of KOF2003 ROM release). or maybe the name has been corrected in the NRX set or something?

im not gonna get these hacks to verify anyway.

Starts to sound too much like those Jimmyi hacks that are floating around...God damn hacks like that are pathetic. I would assume that the Hero hack might have bosses enabled. In the worst scenario, it's just like those Jimmyi hacks. :lol:

to be honest i used to think they are pathetic as well, but thats just for an emu end-user. come to think of it, hacking a goddamn rom (not to mention one using heavy banking techniques), removing the protection, and selling it to the black market isnt exactly something i can call as pathetic in the end.

hey, they got the bucks and we dont afterall. that may be the factor that shaped the opinions between them and us.

to be honest i used to think they are pathetic as well, but thats just for an emu end-user. come to think of it, hacking a goddamn rom (not to mention one using heavy banking techniques), removing the protection, and selling it to the black market isnt exactly something i can call as pathetic in the end.

hey, they got the bucks and we dont afterall. that may be the factor that shaped the opinions between them and us.

But why go through all the trouble of editing the graphics from the title screen or some other part, other than to make it "stand out"?

For chrissakes, they could've kept Metal Slug 5 looking like that actual thing and not add the PLUS (same goes for SVC and KOF2003).

Edited by Agozer