Windows Xp Auto Restart.....

bopian

:) i heard that Win Xp is great, but i have some problems. My Win Xp suddenly show this Box and it say Auto Shutdown and say something about internet connection or something like that. What is the problems? is it a virus? i was told by someone that it is not... so can anybody help me? :D

You will have to be a bit more specific on what the popup message said? :)

I did have a problem like this when I connected to the internet, it was something to do with Remote Precedure Controll (RCP), I got rid of this by connecting to the internet and downloading the updates form Windows update, but I could only download 1 update before my system restarted again. :D

It took a while, but I got it in the end lol

Edited by BobRedthorp

Right click on My Computer, and click on Properties.

Then go to the Advanced and click on Settings under Startup and Recovery.

Inside there uncheck the box that say's Automatically Restart

There you should be good to go now, if that doesn't do it.......it's bound to be a virus bringing that up.

This does however sound ALOT like what the MSBLASTER worm pulls. Be safe and get the fix for it here.

:lol: actually i was browsing /surfing the internet when that happen. The box said that there is an error on RPC or something like that and need to restart. It gave me some time before it restarting. :D I cant do anything, its auto restart. Next time it happen i think i'll press the print screen button, because i cant remember what it said even though it happen lots of times. :lol:

And i will see if the tips you gave me works IJTF_Cinder. And Thank You everyone.

ERM... read my post! above, this is the exact same problem I had Remote Precedure Controll (RCP), , its prolly beacuse your broadband connection is not fully supported and you have not used Windows Updat at all! do what I did and you should be okay! :lol:

I cant remeber exactly which update fixed the problem but you may have to install 1 update, restart and keep doing it til them problem stops, i.e. by ilimination!

Edited by BobRedthorp

• 3 weeks later...

i think this will help to ^^

go to control panel (in category view) - performance and maintenance - click the administrative tools and last click services

u can manage ur windows behavior ^^

or

control panel (classic view) - administrative tools - click services

Edited by ragers