King Of Fighters: Maximum Impact

Ya well, K9999 was a tribute to Akira, n for what he was (an artificial person or something right?) he looked to fit the part somewhat well.

Keep in mind that the japanese voice actor for Tetsuo (whom K9999 was an homage to) also played the voice to K9999 (which is pronounced K-4-9, in case you didn't know)

I also heard that the person who does Kyo's voice is the person who does the voice of Kaneda

I wouldn't know...never saw Akira in its natural language...just the 2 dubs of it in english...

Speakin' of Kyo...Hayato's MVC2 vocals are damn near EXACTLY like Kyo...listen to some of his lines when he does his moves...

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please let there be Robert Garcia in it. Please snk. If he is not in the game i might not even buy it.

I doubt it since they already have 2 Kyoguken (sp?) fighters and I doubt they would add a third one who in all intents and purposes is the same as Ryo. But it would be cool to see Robert.

Kyokugen Karate

Start flaming me and all, but I think it's shows a lack of resourcefulness when a game has multiple characters that pretty much have the same moves. (Read: very similar)

Robert/Ryo/Ken/Ryu etc. etc.

Notice how as KoF went on...Yuri became more and more Shotokan influenced...I mean...Look at her in KoF '03...the transformation is complete...

Start flaming me and all, but I think it's shows a lack of resourcefulness when a game has multiple characters that pretty much have the same moves. (Read: very similar)

Notice how as KoF went on...Yuri became more and more Shotokan influenced...I mean...Look at her in KoF '03...the transformation is complete...

In part due to SNK's attempt at mocking Ryu. Payback for Dan I guess.

Yeah...Still too many Kyokugen Karate/Shokouken characters.

Yeah...Still too many Kyokugen Karate/Shokouken characters.

Lucky for SNK though...there's actually a visible story as to why the Art of Fighting Team (excluding Kings entry into that team in 2000) fights the same way with few differences...

well i think all these game company get their char. moves from like some old chinese movies or japense movies since i've seen sum of them while my dad was watching'em. anyway my point is that all of these char. will have the same moves cuz they get their ideas from the same source.

Ooooh...flame you... Don't tempt me man. I'm a man on the edge!! ;)

But yeah, I do find it kind of strange that so many characters have the same styles, but it works in the favor of the plot. They're part of the same dojo so ofcourse they'll have the same mad skills. Ken has better uppercuts, Ryu has better fireballs, and Akuma is just better.

Ryo is better with his hands, Robert with his feet, Yuri with her behind, and Takuma (Mr. Karate) just 0wns.

Ya well, K9999 was a tribute to Akira, n for what he was (an artificial person or something right?) he looked to fit the part somewhat well.

Keep in mind that the japanese voice actor for Tetsuo (whom K9999 was an homage to) also played the voice to K9999 (which is pronounced K-4-9, in case you didn't know)

I've always known he was a tribute to Akira. Christ even Garaa from Naruto is a tribute to him(Manga/show - CLEARLY SHOWS IT!). It seems Akira influenced alot of animatiors :/ And (NOT Kyo, the one with the leet biker jacket) Kusanagi(mirror clone guy dude)'s voice is the same person that does Kaneda's (notice their intro in 2k2. It's also a tribute (For the lazy->( k9999: KUSANAGI!! Kusanagi: That's Mr.Kusanagi too you!" ) ) K` aswell is even is a tribute to the Akira, but on a lesser scale.

Yuri = Greatest. Shotokan. mockery. EVER.

Mr.Karate = The Tengu mask is the source of ALL HIS POWER

[QU

I've always known he was a tribute to Akira. Christ even Garaa from Naruto is a tribute to him(Manga/show - CLEARLY SHOWS IT!). It seems Akira influenced alot of animatiors :/ And (NOT Kyo, the one with the leet biker jacket) Kusanagi(mirror clone guy dude)'s voice is the same person that does Kaneda's (notice their intro in 2k2. It's also a tribute (For the lazy->( k9999: KUSANAGI!! Kusanagi: That's Mr.Kusanagi too you!" ) ) K` aswell is even is a tribute to the Akira, but on a lesser scale.

I understood so little from that rant... ;)

in short, Kusanagi has the same voice as Kaneda's. K` is a tribute to Akira also. Kusanagi and K9999 have special intro in 2k2 (which in short is a tribute to Akira yet again). (off topic: Garaa in Naruto is a direct influence to Akira. When he(Garaa) was young, he had the cape like Akira sans, White Hair. Now, with the current episodes, 70+ Garaa now looks like Tesuto(sp?) sans the cape and white hair, but with freakyish frightening arm and all.)