King Of Fighters: Maximum Impact

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just taken a guess off the top of my head, but like I said, developers who make 3D fighters have gotten lazy now a days. 10-14 characters and they're good to go.

The more fighters you add into a game the harder it is to keep them all interesting and balanced (well, some companies now a days don't even try for balance) so I guess I can see there are less characters in games now a days.

Then you got games like Dead or Alive which is have like 5+ different costumes for each character.

Then there was that strange anomolity called Tobal 2. I wonder would happen if KOF:Maximum Impact had 200 characters, I think the casual gamer's head would explode.

Edited by Lightsier

Kyosuke is top tier because if you get your enemy into a cornor you can just keep juggling them (its been done). Just take it like Oro in SF3s on his energy bug.

"24 SNK characters of which 14 are returning favorites, six are brand new, and four are hidden bonus characters." - I got that info from Fighters Generation...thats how many characters there's supposed to be here...

Aaahh...thanks for that info Riot.

24 is more than most 3D games...I think. So far we know that Terry and Kyo are coming back. So that leaves 12 more known characters.

ttp://www.kofmi.com the site has been updated with info on 3 characters, some story and tons of screencaps (Ryo, Yuri, Ralf, Kyo have been confimired !)

Awesome! Thanks for the info K'Dash. This game is looking better...I'm not hating it as much. :) I like the Haohshokoken (sp?) picture.

So out of the 14 returning characters, we know these are there:

Terry

Kyo

Ralf

Ryo

Yuri

11 more to go.