Emuchina Has No More Public Roms!!

Alpha

My favorite and probally everyone elses favorite emulation site has no more roms and iso's! Infact all their public roms & iso's links don't work anymore because of the IDSA or someone taking legal action on them. It sucks so bad that no one is even sure if there will be a private ftp anymore. The only thing they have left for roms is IRC! Unfortunattely I have no idea how to use it, if you do post something in this thread or make a new one on it.

~This is sad, sad, sad, news for Emulation!~

Man this is really bad news :(

Anyway Gamecop, this is how you can connect to emuchina through Mirc.

first get Mirc from www.mirc.com if you haven't already :(:

You can also get other versions of Mirc which had lots of scripts and stuff but you only really need the basic Mirc

Anyway, open Mirc and go to file, options, connect, click add and enter the following information:

description: Emuchina

Irc server: irc.newnet.net

Port: 6667

Once you have entered those things, click add and then OK on the options box.

NOw press the connect button(the lightning) and you should connect to irc.newnet.net. Type /j #emuchina and you will join the emuchina chat room.

To get a list of active FSERVERS, just type !list in the channel. You should then see a bunch of FSERVER triggers. They will usually start with an exclamation mark eg: !emuchina or !Mr_Roms

Once you have chosen a trigger, type it in the channel. This will start a DCC chat(private chat) but actually this is an FSERVER. The commands are just like DOS and Linux. So an example would be something like this:

dir s*.* ( return all files beginning with letter "s" )

cd gbaroms

cd snesroms

cd genesisroms

read genesisreadme.txt

get populous.zip

Hope that helps you man. 8)

i havent been able to download from emuchina for months, maybe longer. its always too bust, it says. i guess i was never there at the right time. 8)

I got a large number of them from there too.

Personally, I rarely had problems, other then the ever-present

403-9 "Sorry so many users! Try again late" message. (gotta love that translation) 8)

Anyway, it's sad to see them go.. but here is something i've wondered.. last year, they shut down a site for having copyrighted material on there, nothing unusual, but the games were only NES/SNES.

I'm sorry, but unless the nintendo people get REALLY stupid, they arn't gonna re-release the NES or SNES ever, they don't sell them anymore.. HELLO? This better not be part of the $3 billion a year game companies are "losing". The only people that could be "losing" money from the distribution of NES and SNES games are people like "ebay".

I'm sorry, but unless the nintendo people get REALLY stupid, they arn't gonna re-release the NES or SNES ever, they don't sell them anymore.. HELLO? This better not be part of the $3 billion a year game companies are "losing". The only people that could be "losing" money from the distribution of NES and SNES games are people like "ebay".

i totally agree with you dude. 8) although, if they came out, say, with a new nes console that plays the old carts,(like a retro thing) i'd probably buy it. you know, if the price was right. i dont see it happening though. but about posting nes, snes or even genesis roms, i say do it, screw 'em. im probably going to have them on my site, but if they give me any bull, i'll probably stick them on a private server or something. see how they like that. :(