Xbox Next-gen: First Demos Revealed

ForceX

I'm just thinking aloud that if some XBOX hardware is compatible with XBOX Next, then the harddrive can be used to store roms and crap. Sure, it may take time to rewrite emulators for it and for some decent mod chips to come out, but it would be cool.

Well its rumored that Xbox games etc will not be compatiable with Xbox2.....If that is the case then MS are gonna lose then next gen console wars by a very large margin...

Nope. PS3 is going to have compatibility issues as well. The processors are going to change, thus the games prior are going to be impossible to play.

Both Sony and MS are in a pickle over this. If one is able to pull it off, it is the other's demise.

Anon.

Sony has hired the best emulation authors to make ps3 be able emulate ps1 and ps2...

You mean they've hired Frost's friend?! Awesome! :-D

Where did you hear this news?

Sony was advertising all over the net and in the newspaper for experienced emulation personnel....

Also Sony will make the PS3 backwards compatible with the PS2 and PS1 because thats what gave the PS2 its edge....

I bet its a sting operation. They lure all the best emulators and then arrest them. It'll keep them away from emulating all the other consoles.

Or Sony could steal specs from the new XBOX and have them work on that emulator so it would devalue the console when it comes out.

Emulators are not illegal (well Nintendo Handheld emulators are)...only the Roms are.....

just loading the rom on an emulator is illegal

Having the rom image and not owning the original cartridge/CD/DVD is illegal.

You have a privilege of keeping backups of your software.

isn't it legal if you only use it for private use w/out distribution?

It's legal as long as you own the original medium.

Whats up with all of the quoting....:lol:

Anyways, I cannot wait until the specs of the Xbox 2, GC2, PS3 get publically released....

I have heard that the PS3 will use the Blue Ray Disc technology (1 disc holds 50gb)...lets hope this is true...

Let's make this most highly quoted post ever.

Blue Ray technology would just kick so much ass. But how can game developers make games that take up 50 gigs...that's just amazing.

Just think how much unlockables/other extras 50Gb could hold...

Just imagine the pure game content. RPGs would never end. Imagine 50 gigs of Final Fantasy...that's like years of gameplay.

I hope not, I just got a decent DVD burner. and are Blue ray drives compatable with DVD & CD technology? if not the whole console emu and homebrew scenes are screwed.

No, I don't think so atleast. Blue-Ray uses a different laser, a blue ray.:-D And thats why there is so much controversy because different companies are working on different technologies so the consumers are going to be flocked. Sony has its Blue-Ray, Toshiba(or Philips) has some other one.

They better buckle down and come up with one future technology.

FreshyK is correct...Blue Ray will most likely not be compatible with DVD technology....

But DVD's will still be widely used as they will take over CDR's and Blue Ray will take over DVD :)

I go by GryphonKlaw here. :-D

But yeah, Blue-Ray will be just like how DVDs aren't playable in CD drives. But what about that other technology? Does anyone know anything about that? Maybe they discontinued it, I don't know.

the quotes are getting out of control!!! :blink:

so we are screwed as far as media goes. I mean, as far as putting emus and homebrews on disc. or, will it be like current dvd drives? backwards compatable with CD.

Well I do hope that CDs and DVDs will be playable in the new drives, if that's what you're asking. It better be because that will be a stupid move on the hardware companys' part. Imagine if CD wasn't able to read by DVD drives, that would suck. So I hope these blue lasers can read DVD and CD.

...or vcd

I think the later versions of BR-Players will be able to play DVD's etc....

Well that's a good thing. And yes, VCDs must be supported to or that will suck balls.

Man, that thing is seriously huge.

I wonder if we can get it down to one word a line? :lol:

or maybe we can get the middle so tiny you can't read it anymore w/out Gamecop finding out :P

edit: :lol:...the first post disappeared

:lol: The madness, the madness of it all.... :lol:

This thing looks like a Mayan temple from the top.

What next? 300 simultaneus users online?

Now that would be awesome. But that's only going to happen when a new emulator and roms will come it.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic