Xbox Next-gen: First Demos Revealed

ForceX

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The PS3 was gonna use multiple processors but it would take to long to develop...

Xbox Live > PS2 Online.....:D

Plus Sony is gonna start charging for PS2 online so they won't have the advantage of their online system being free...

I found this article in the loose talk section of game informer:

"According to the Mercury News, details on Mircosoft Xbox Next console have been leaked. The system will use three IBM 64-bit processors for more power than most computers and contain an ATI graphics chip capable of high-definition TV resolution. However, Having backward compatability with the origial Xbox is in question."

I can belive i type this Shizzle up, but anyways damn, we got power!

I found this article in the loose talk section of game informer:

"According to the Mercury News, details on Mircosoft Xbox Next console have been leaked. The system will use three IBM 64-bit processors for more power than most computers and contain an ATI graphics chip capable of high-definition TV resolution. However, Having backward compatability with the origial Xbox is in question."

I can belive i type this Shizzle up, but anyways damn, we got power!

And commence salivation...... NOW!!!

*drooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool*

(Sweet Lady Luck, I am a Dork! :lol:)

Anon.

Xbox Next doesn't have a HDD, it's gonna have a Flash Drive (like did you ever see in the stores those flash sticks that hold 256MB of memory? Yeah, that's them).

Which is a solid form of HDD without moving parts.

It's supposedly cheaper to make Flash Drives and they're going to replace HDDs, but we'll see if that happens.

I just hope Xbox Next has alot of system memory. That is what really hurts consoles, they want to be skimpy with system memory. That's why most Xbox games can't go beyond 16-player games and they're laggy because there isn't enough memory.

Edited by Lightsier

Well I was told that MS and the Flash Drive manufacturer are trying to create a very large flash drive...If its 8gig's I'll be a happy camper :lol:...

Lightsier, you make a very good point about the system memory...Thats a huge issue....Hopefulyl the next gen consoles have a decent about of memory...

Highest flash card is like 2 GB is what my friend tells me.

Hmm...2 gig is still a pretty big amount for games. I mean, most people use the current harddrive to store stuff other than actual XBOX game materials.

Imagine the file swapping speed with this flash memory. A lot of it could be used as virtual RAM and will be just as fast.

But I hope the XBOX is backwards compatible with XBOX games and some of the hardware. Is there such a thing as an external XBOX harddrive?

Is there such a thing as an external XBOX harddrive?

Well, you can alway open up the BOX and swap in a better HD. :P An external drive would be cool though, if not a little impractical.

I'm just thinking aloud that if some XBOX hardware is compatible with XBOX Next, then the harddrive can be used to store roms and crap. Sure, it may take time to rewrite emulators for it and for some decent mod chips to come out, but it would be cool.