News From The Emulation Scene

I have found out about two things that have happened during 1emulation's absense that are important forthe emulation scene: one good one bad. I'll start with the bad-news first.

Nintendo has won a landmark court battle which effectively makes any handheld Nintendo emulator (gb, gbc, gba) illegal. they have done this by patenting handheld emulation, or something. There's a small story here.

On the good news front, PCSX2 v0.6 has been released! Apparently a handfull of games now reach ingame.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have found out about two things that have happened during 1emulation's absense that are important forthe emulation scene: one good one bad. I'll start with the bad-news first.

Nintendo has won a landmark court battle which effectively makes any handheld Nintendo emulator (gb, gbc, gba) illegal. they have done this by patenting handheld emulation, or something. There's a small story here.

On the good news front, PCSX2 v0.6 has been released! Apparently a handfull of games now reach ingame.

Oh no! I better get rid of my GBA emulator!! NOOOOO!! Don't arrest me Nintendo!

/Nintendo goons beat with a stick and strangle me with a Gamecube controller cord

And now I shall go get new PCSX2! :blink: To the batcave!

Hey, this might hinder the emulation scene for a bit, but not really.

If there are developers out there, they, instead of realising software through Websites and such, could release it through P2P. Then, no one would be in the know who exactly created the Emulator, thus no one is hurt. :)

Anon.

It will be awesome to play PS2 games on the PC....Hopefully my rig will be able to run the games at a good speed :)

Well by the time a properly working PS2 emulator comes out, you should be able to run it. :P Its probably a good 2-3 years away.