Boss Hack For Kof 94-2002

The ones at the bottom of the page are what you want. They should provide modified P rom files. You just need to edit the dat file if you're using Nebula or Kawaks w/ loader. Otherwise, you need to place the hacked p files into main zip and make sure they're named correctly.

Edited by StriderSkorpion

hi, i trie replacing the 084b-p1.bin and renamed it to 084-91.bin and triep playing it using fbax. it says the the romsets are different and gace a bunch of numbers and the 084-p1 was from a different romset. so it wouldnt run, then i tried it on kawax and it worked but everything was blocks

The genaral rules when using P1 hacks is as follows.

1) Backup the original P1.

2) Replace the old P1 with the hacked P1 (the filenames must match.)

3) If it doesn't work, check your DAT files and see if the CRCs are correct.

4) If above things fail, start crying.

One more thing...Why does one want hacks if most emulators have a built-in cheat database?

Edited by Agozer

because cheats are anoying to use and the charecters dont show up on the select screen, also becus u cant use cheats on the xbox emus as far as i can figure

Ah, so you play your Neo-Geo with Bill-BOX. That explains it then.

You would have to edit the CRCs listed in the source code. So if the code is available and you know how to compile, just alter the listed CRCs. There may be more than that needed, depending on the p roms FBAX or Kawax needs normally, but the roms should work for the most part.

Unless you know how to compile programs (much less for the Xbox), then there's no chance of getting it to work. Heck, I don't even know if FBAX or Kawax's source is open for editting. I didn't think they'd use dats since only Nebula and the Kawaks loader support them. CRC stands for cyclic redundancy check. Emulators use it to verify if you have the correct rom or not. Since the data has been hacked in those games, their CRC is different from the originals. You could try the Neo Geo debug bios or the Uni-bios, if either FBAX or Kawax supports them. They would allow you to unlock the bosses.