Gyllenhaal As...

veristic

Now when they chose Tobey Maguire as Spidey, they kind of pushed the aspect of yur average everyday young guy as a superhero.

But is it a trend now to cast quirky, sort of dorks as superheroes in future films?

http://www.comingsoon.net/news.php?id=3958

Gyllenhaal is the Green Hornet? I mean c'mon! :P Next thing u know they're gonna cast Frankie Muniz as the Green Lantern. :lol:

Anyway people, yur thoughts?

Edited by nyuuka

I think Jake Gyllenhal is a fine actor. He'll do just fine. I mean, he's the backup Spiderman. :lol:

If Tobey Maguire pull SpiderMan off, then so can this kid.

I'll have to wait and see a preview of the movie before I start judging.

I think Jake Gyllenhal is a fine actor. He'll do just fine. I mean, he's the backup Spiderman. :P

If Tobey Maguire pull SpiderMan off, then so can this kid.

I'll have to wait and see a preview of the movie before I start judging.

He's a fine actor of course, but a good actor doesn't make the character any better. I mean Edward Norton is a great actor, but could u ever see him as Superman? :lol:

Tobey Maguire pulled off Spiderman in part because Spiderman as a person is somewhat of a geek. Oh well, I think it's weird... Jake Gyllenhaal as Green Hornet. Who's gonna play Kado? Jackie Chan? :lol:

A fine actor can carve any role out for himself. But yea, I agree with you about it. He is kind of an odd selection for the role.

Wasn't Nicholas Cage supposed to be Superman? Or was that project scrapped?

A fine actor can carve any role out for himself. But yea, I agree with you about it. He is kind of an odd selection for the role.

Wasn't Nicholas Cage supposed to be Superman? Or was that project scrapped?

He was suggested as the part for Supes, n for a while it seemed like it would be him, but not anymore. I don't know who's rumored to play him.