More Annoying Xbox Modding Questions! Woo!

Shibathedog

well i know what BIOS im getting, and im gonna get this chip

http://shop.system-mods.com/product.asp?0=204&1=206&3=100

But can i put the 256k BIOSes and smaller on the 512k banks? or do i have to get some special version of the BIOS?

I want the X2 4981 BIOS so would that one work? (unless there is a newer version)

I know nothing about what im going to do hehe, i just want to make sure

But can i put the 256k BIOSes and smaller on the 512k banks? or do i have to get some special version of the BIOS?

Yes you can. Find a program called X2 BIOS Manager. It allows you to make 1 MB BIOS files. Basically, you will end up having two copies of the same BIOS in each 512 bank. If you want to use two different BIOS' on a chip with two 512 KB banks you just put the same BIOS in the first two slots in X2 BIOS Manager and another BIOS twice in the last two slots.

I want the X2 4981 BIOS so would that one work? (unless there is a newer version)

Yes, that is the newest X2 BIOS.

U will need 1mb bios for the x2 lite+. go to X-S (xbox-scene.com) and take a look around they have tons of info on flashing and all the info U need about bios. :(

any x2 lite that has at least 1mb to store, you can use 512KB for 2 bios or 1MB for 1 bios.

i highly suggest 512KB so that you can have 2 bios (one for use and one for backup) cuz you never know if one goes bad.

that's not the chip I have but I remember reading that you can flash the x2 lite with a cd-rw, you have to rename the bios to something specific first.

after you flash it the first time, you can flash it with xbox apps like flashx or even the evox dash but be warned that evox erases the whole bank before adding the new bios (that means even if you want 2 bios on there, it will erase both and put just one)