Pal's To Ntsc...

Why on earth would you want to play PAL games on your NTSC system? That does not make any sense...It your post would be vice versa, that I could understand.

I know PAL is a 50Hz curse, since I live in Yurp.

Edited by Agozer

You could grab an NTSC to PAL (and vice versa) patcher for ISOs at http://www.megagames.com. Look for it in the Console Fixes section, it should be under Playstation utilities. Agozer, there are some games that are PAL only, such as Megaman Battle & Chase and some adult games. That's the only reason I can think of anyone wanting to convert since most PAL games have an English NTSC equivalent version.

You wouldn't need a boot disc. A boot disc would only be necessary if you didn't already have a mod chip or game enhancer. Even then, you wouldn't need a boot disc, if you could perform the swap trick. If you, spongecake, don't have a mod chip, game enhancer, or boot disc, using PAL4U won't help (technically). I don't know if you do or not, but if you don't, PAL4U might be converting it correctly after all.

I don't know how that works in the PAL to NTSC way, but when you play NTSC games on a PAL system, you need a modchip of course, but also a RGB cable. Otherwise, the games are in black and white (when you're using a composite video cable). I guess it would be the same the other way.

I don't know how that works in the PAL to NTSC way, but when you play NTSC games on a PAL system, you need a modchip of course, but also a RGB cable. Otherwise, the games are in black and white (when you're using a composite video cable). I guess it would be the same the other way.

I'll add something to that....

You will also need a TV that supports 60Hz. RGB cable doesn't do jack shite if the TV only supports 50Hz.

though picture wise though, I wouldn't recomment using the rfu adapter...you know, the one you hook up to the cable and put it on ch.3 or ch.4 to play. Yeah, those give you the worst picture ever, just get a converter for those color things or use a t.v that already has em, those give you a better picture

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having some trouble w/ the colors & screen position on PAL games when converting them for play on my NTSC PS2. The only 3 PAL PS1 games that I have are Megaman Battle & Chase, Megaman X3, and Earthworm Jim 2, and that is only because they weren't released here in the US :lol:

Patch-It! successfully converts the game to NTSC, but the colors are incorrect and the screen position is off. Pal4U 2k is supoosed to fix these problems but it fails whenever I patch the PAL game. Any know of any other solution? I'd appreciate it.....