Scary Games!

Rag

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah they do pretty much rely on that but the ones on the GC are really "graphictalized"(is that a word) It's not scary but it looks scary. If silent hill and the RE dudes got together they would probably make a heck of a game. Get it heck as in hell, where demons come from....nevermind... :lol:...

re scared me when i first bought the ps1 (playing it in the dark and at midnight). same for silent hill and fatal frame (may sound cheesy by just taking pictures but don't let that fool you!)

Edited by Prican25

Ahh,Zombie Ate My Neighbour for SNES & Genesis Freak Me Out In Level 4.WHOA So Many Monster.Me & My sis Shivered.

But you are still with us today...you are brave. :lol:

Fatal Frame, as i said b4, is a great scary game, i was impressed with the enviroment, RE is not scary at all, i pllayed th Gc version and it was entertained for a while, never played the ps1 vers. and for SH i agreed with Prican, the first one is my favorite too, i´ve never been more scared in game ever, i love to play those game in the night, after 11 or 12 pm.

Psychological games (i.e. Fatal Frame, Silent Hill [it dives the viewer into the deep and darkness of someone's heart = How can someone do such a thing?]) have more impact on the viewer then Pysical logical ones (i.e. Resident Evil), while others put on a great mixture of both (i.e. Doom [bodies hanging upside down and torn apart(visually), sounds(mentally) etc], System Shock 2). Silent Hill just captures the psychological side of your mind with a lot of "What If?'s" With Silent Hill 4 it takes the most common element used in everyday life, "Home is the safest place to be." What SH4 shows that, sometimes being in your home isn't the safest place to be, with your windows and doors being chained and locked. It also shows the insecurties within you, [the character] has within your own home.

yep i agree

I play all horror games just to get scared, sometimes resident evil can scare me more, depends on what mood im in. Mostly Silent Hill and stuff works better though

I treat fright like a drug, being frightened rules, i do it so much im hard to scare now :)