Good Old President Bush

Even worse than Bush is his staff. Most of his cabinet have been high ranking officials in big business. Rumsfield (Dept. of Defense) was CEO of a pharmecutical company, Spencer Abraham (Dept. of Energy) worked for a lumber company. Cheney was CEO of Halliburton. John Ashcroft lost to dead man in Missouri for senator. Rod Paige (Dept. of Education) when he was head of the Texas education system allegedly looked the other way when his schools made dumb kids stay home so the state's test scores would be better.

Its funny how the same two people in charge of the War in Iraq were in charge of Desert Storm. Cheney was Secretary of Defense under Bush Sr. and Colin Powell was Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

Bush isn't the only problem, his entire administration has to go.

Paul O'Neill, the only not crooked guy was fired by the White House for not falling in line.

This is just a terrible administration that keeps a tight lid on everything that they do so no one knows how bad they are flocking up. Did you know that this Bush has had the least number of press conferences than any other president? His staff won't even return calls to journalists. They stonewall anyone that tries to figure out whats going on. And the White House's spokesman Scott McClenan just makes me want to punch him in the face. I hate the way that guy talks and always dances around the questions without answering any of them. flocking asshole.

Edited by GryphonKlaw

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like everyone who posted on this topic agrees that Bush is a moron. I didn't imagine the limitations on freedom of expression went so far.

Remember, Bush won Florida by less than 900 votes. Every single vote counts and it makes a difference.

It depends on who's counting the votes :)

regardless of what Schwarzenneger says, I think pretty much of us Californians want a democrat now (well..not all, my history teacher is voting for Nader as a "protest" vote cause he hates Kerry and Bush)...still WE NEED A DEMOCRAT!!!..

too bad I'm too young to vote though :)

The big drive behind this is most likely "The Project for the New American Century"--a plan for US global domination. Scary stuff indeed.

As for Scott McClellan, he seems less agile than Ari Fleischer was. Ari rarely bothered to address an issue he didn't like (read: anything critical of the administration). Scott stumbles and hums and haws. At least when he lies he's not convincing.

A nice site that tracks one reporter's attempts to get Scott (and previously Ari) to answer questions is:

http://www.commondreams.org/scottie.htm

peace

I've heard about the PNAC, but always from individuals or alternative medias (i. e. websites). I've also heard that it comes from the extreme-right wing of the conservative party and was not taken seriously by the moderates until Bush was elected.

Is this thing really serious? Could someone here tell us more about it?

And ForceX: I really don't understand all the fuzz about Clinton's cigar :)

He was president, but he was also a man! (well, he's still a man)

Our previous president (french president Mitterand) had a relationship with a woman who was not his wife, and even had a daughter with her. Everyone knows that here, and also knew when he was president, and noone ever thought that was the problem of anyone except him and his wife. Actually it almost made him more popular, showing his human side.

The CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporations for those unfamiliar) ran a documentary/expose on PNAC a while back.

You're right, they are *very* right wing.

I guess they've been pushing their agenda for years. Someone leaked a copy of it to the press back in the days of Bush Sr. At the time it was so disturbing and so unthinkable a direction to take the country in that Bush Sr. ordered it shelved--and made haste to distance himself from it.

Today the US is operating under what is essentially that same mandate--dusted off and given the thumbs up by Bush Jr. and his crew of "old boys".

For crying out loud in contains passages detailing how to pre-emptively attack ANY nation that stands to challenge US military dominance.

How a president can be impeached for lying to congress about a blow-job, while another president lies the nation into a WAR and remains in power is beyond me.

He said something like "I've spoken to God and he said that Bush will win his reelection because God wants it."

Seriously, mixing state and religion wtf is that.

he also said "we're doing god's work"

:devil:

:devil: this guy needs to go somewhere and sit down away from the white house.

to me, god is a myth. like the weapons of mass destruction :devil:

but either way he shouldn't be saying some shi like that, as if america is one organized religion.