Sorry...please Help Again

Hey, I got my mugen working really well on my computer (at least the sound and the picture and everything) but it still has a big problem.

Sometimes when it is trying to load the next character it shuts down and gives me a message like:

Shuting down Allegro

Exiting due to signal SIGSEGV

a bunch of numbers and gibberish I don't understand and at the bottom it says

Call frame traceback EIPS

or something like that. If someone could has a clue as to what the problem is I would much appreciate it if they could point me in the right direction or tell me I'm screwed if I'm screwed. :huh:

Thanks

Hmmm....I don't think it is a VDMS problem becuase I think it did this to me at least once before I used VDMS on it. BUT...I could be mistaken about that.

Thats interesting about the memory thing. But my computer does have a pretty good amount of memory. It doesn't have much ram though, thats for sure. :lol:

It's kind of good to know that I'm not the only one with this problem though. Maybe someone out there has solved it? :D

I hope its not doing any damage to my computer though. :lol: That scares the crap out of me.

I know it's not much, but I have 512 megs of good ram on my computer. How much will I need? A gig? 2 gigs?

512 megs should be well enough.

That is how much I have and I have not had an allegro error since upgrading.

Perhaps you have a character that is programmed badly... that too can cause an allegro error.

Maybe your processor is too slow?

I have a Athlon 1.8 ghz myself.

Well shucks, I guess the ram isn't the problem. I will test this threory about the characters tonight on my computer. I somehow doubt this is the problem. I seem to remember that I had only a few characters when I first had mugen and it still did it. But maybe one of those characters is the problem. I will check tonight.

Well, I tried playing Mugen last night with only a few characters in it, ken(from emuarena.it), lui kang (from mugentomb.cjb.net), psylock (from can't remember) and politank z (also from emuarena.it) and it still gave me the message. Let me tell you something interesting that happened to me while I was trying to use a screenpack in my Mugen. Having misread the instructions for it, I accidently put my select.def file in a subfolder of the data folder (the subfolder for the screenpack). When I did this and tried to open mugen, it gave the same exact message automatically; not just when it tried to load a character. And then I created a new folder to see if it did the same thing and it did. Is my mugen having trouble reading the select.def file of something?