How Can We Make This The Best Emulation Site?

Alpha

We all know many of our users have come from all kinds of different forums. Here on 1Emulation we have been striving as hard as we can to make this the best emulation forum on the net. As we all know, our user's online has decreased substantially, mostly caused by the releases of no new roms to the emulation scene. Let's get the facts straight, we'll NEVER have roms hosted here! So that's not going to help us to make this the best emulation forum. We want this forum to live on forever and to help people from all over the world.

All we are asking is your ideas on what your "dream forum" would be in your mind so we could help implement it in the forum. We'll NEVER give up in the emulation scene to make this forum #1 in the world!

For the people and to the people, speak or forever hold your peace. :lol:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this forum is awesome as it is. If it weren't, I wouldn't have over 900 posts in 3 months. :lol: You and Magnis have created a very cool place and the moderators/admins keep a tight ship without being way too restrictive.

And its a good thing that there are no roms on this site otherwise it would become a leechers paradise. :P

I mean, you have forum sections to cover almost every topic so there's nothing to really add.

The updates that you've done since last weekend have really fixed most things. The arcade is great, though I can't play it at work because that stupid Mac doesn't have enough memory to load Flash/Shockwave files. But that's my problem.

Well a dream forum would have beautiful women floating around and popping out of the screen to pleasure me in real life, but since that's impossible, I'll let you off on that one. :lol:

One thing that could help is a little room (like 100kb) for each member's signature picture. I don't know how much strain that would put on the server, so I'm probably just talking out my ass.

Oh, I thought of another addition. You can have all the proper names for the ROMs and their CRCs. And a short tutorial for newbies on how to change their roms to make them compatible with Kawaks/Mame/Nebula.

Another quick addition. How about one topic where people can post just links for games. This way, there won't be innumerable posts on where to find roms. That one thread can be consulted. For example:

KOF 2003:

[link 1]

[link 2]

Garou Prototype

[link 1]

[link 2]

etc...

And another small thing. Do you think its possible to allow the person who created a poll to go back and change something if there is an error? I mean, we have no more control of the poll choices after its been made.

Edited by GryphonKlaw

well Gamecop, you could like...if someone says something or posts something that might be considered "indecent" or whatever and you say that you've been hearing complaints, you could actually put in warnings the actually complaints so we don't think that its just based on your opinion. Like for example, the statement under my sig, is anyone complaining about that?

Edited by Weirdanzeige

If you want my 2 cents, I think this board is good as is. Personally, I've never understood the need for huge signature pics, but that's my problem.

Mr. G's suggestion about one topic where people would just post links for games...That probably wouldn't work the way you though it would. Links would eventually go down and people would start asking for help. Moments later the conversation would have strayed from posting links to a debate about something related to that topic. --> Someone posts more links later and the integrity of this topic is shattered. (Just look at our current official threads for KOF2003).

The Arcade section was a great addition, although I can seriously compete since my slow-ass comp won't run complex Flash stuff at full speed. Then again, that too is my problem. :lol:

I think the creator of the poll has control even after the poll has been created.

Edited by Agozer

Mr. G's suggestion about one topic where people would just post links for games...That probably wouldn't work the way you though it would. Links would eventually go down and people would start asking for help. Moments later the conversation would have strayed from posting links to a debate about something related to that topic. --> Someone posts more links later and the integrity of this topic is shattered. (Just look at our current official threads for KOF2003).

Oh damn. Links go down...ok. Scratch that idea. And n00bs would still post questions even if its right there. And I just saw the 'Categorized ROMs and Emulators' list in Request a Rom so that's useless.

And Agozer, you can't change the post after its created. Only admins can. I remember, because I made a poll about who should be president and I couldn't add 'None of these' after I made it. One of the admins had to do that.

And Agozer, you can't change the post after its created. Only admins can. I remember, because I made a poll about who should be president and I couldn't add 'None of these' after I made it. One of the admins had to do that.

Oh...my bad then.

The forums fine. The arcade's fine. The servers are fine. Everything is good.

All we can do is update on emulators status and answer rom requests and continue to be like this

i think we should have sticky on each section with top games for, snes, megadrive, neogeo. it will stop the "best games question being asked."

it someone makes it a sticky i will trawl through the old posts, and add up the votes if you want :lol: