Slow Downloads Bit Torrent

33054fdw

Bit Torrent works differently then you think. It's technically a P2P network but of course made better. Seeds are basically people who are currently uploading the file you are seeking. So the more Seeds, the faster your download will be. Of course I've had files that were seeded by only one person and I was getting around 100 kb/sec off it. It all depends really.

More seeders, more download, I've gotten up to 150 KB/s, but it takes some time, 5 min to reach at least 40kb/s. And the optional crap with the other BT clients suck, because the less you upload, the less your download is.

My friend has a similar problem. He's on cable and either it never connects to the seed, or its like 1 -4 kbs. It's really strange, but I think there is something really wrong with his cable provider.

Are you behind a router? I had to punch a few holes through mine to get any decent speed with bittorrent.

Do a google search for "bittorrent router" and you should get some info. Also quite a few bittorrent FAQs around that talk about the ports that it needs. Hope that helps.

Are you behind a router?  I had to punch a few holes through mine to get any decent speed with bittorrent.

Do a google search for "bittorrent router" and you should get some info.  Also quite a few bittorrent FAQs around that talk about the ports that it needs.  Hope that helps.

Ah thanks! He is behind a router so I guess that's the problem. I'll read up on the proper ports that need to be used.

How'd you punch holes through it, with a hole puncher? Guh huh huh :lol:

The other day I tried to dL Vampire Chronicles on a T1 connection. It's about 700 megs and some change. the dL screen broke my heart & told me I had over 689 hours to complete the dL. I think thats like a few months or something? :-D

The other day I tried to dL Vampire Chronicles on a T1 connection. It's about 700 megs and some change. the dL screen broke my heart & told me I had over 689 hours to complete the dL. I think thats like a few months or something? :-D

That's pretty close to a month, almost 29 days.