anime

I always thought Akira had really good dubbing. I prefer the old version instead of the remastered version because Kaneda's voice is of the guy that did Leonardo's voice in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles so that makes it 10 times as cool.

Other than that I really can't stand dubs. Subtitles all the way. I mean, you can't transfer Goldenboy's or The Slayers jokes into English without messing up on the Japanese timing. Comedy is all about timing. I make sure I get the Japanese version.

I can't really recall any other good dubbing...I remember the dubbing for Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon was absolute crap, even though that's a live action movie and not an anime. But it was bad, and they even spent a lot of money on it.

And I hate it when people complain when something is subtitled. I'm like, "Learn to read faster, moron. Apparantly your undeveloped brain can't take reading and watching something at the same time."

And Japanese just sounds compared to English. It sounds so fast and cool.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Other than that I really can't stand dubs. Subtitles all the way. I mean, you can't transfer Goldenboy's or The Slayers jokes into English without messing up on the Japanese timing. Comedy is all about timing. I make sure I get the Japanese version.

seriously dude, go to anime-xtreme and download or go out and buy/rent Hellsing on dvd....they even had all the cusswords...that and the blood are probably the only reason for it not being shown on Adult Swim

Edited by Weirdanzeige

Only few anime have made it past the "good dub."

Cowboy Bebop (Passed, but still needed work with the emotion)

Neon Genesis Evangelion (They captured the japanese one minus the cussing)

Akira (No doubt about it)

Gundam Wing (Followed the japanese one the exact same way minus the cussing)

InuYasha (You may think its new, but the dubs are fairly old.)

Ghost In The Shell (Great dubbing)

Witch Hunter Robin (same thing like Cowboy Bebop, needs emotion)

Naruto is the next Dragon Ball/Z type show. Since it follows the manga. During the first few seasons, you'll expect good voice overs, then once they hit the 5th, everything goes to hell(JUST LIKE DBZ)

Yeah, i love ninja scroll. Such an awesome anime.

I watch Hellsing, DragonballZ, Armitage, Ghost in the Shell, Final Fantasy Unlimited, Kiddy Grade, and Gungrave.

I would like some opinions on other good anime's to watch. I prefer anime's with lots of action. heh, little romance :huh:

As for Naruto. I've been wanting to watch it, but there are soooo many episodes. Anyone know of a good episode number i could start at? (I expect at least 1 person to say #1 lol). :D