Button Mashers

Are acade button Mashers Really Pros in Desguise  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I Remember when i was small i played this little kid x-men vs. street fighter and he kicked my azz with button mashing with gambit, and when ever i button mash i lose bad.Whats the dilio.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friends pretty much beats my ass to the groud by using sweeps and throws constantly. I'm the kind of a player that tries to master every single special move and fight with style... ;)

I just suck at arcade games so I pretty much expect to lose. But sometimes I win and its sweet. I'm no button masher, I try to use so smooth combos but I never pull them off properly. I can never get air combos because I'm not fast enough. It sucks!

Usually the little kids and / or the people who generally don't play these games who mash buttons, do it with no thought.. except "I have to win!". So that translate well when they push'em fast and carelessly. However, when it comes to someone who is somewhat polished on the gameplay if they mash the buttons with the same intent, they tend to pay more attention to things like openings and timings and what not, just out of their nature of knowing the game, so that tends to seize all kinds of cheapness.

I myself am no good at arcade fighters, i suck with the joystick, i had built my own Mame cabinet and suck horribly at everything :twisted: however give me a game pad and i'm all the better. Ha go figure.

Well It Depends mY Friends And I Play Marvel Vs Capcom And King Of Fighters 2000(My Friends Even Found About 5 Glitches) Alot And We Are The Best Ones At The Laundrymat Across The School. We Have Been Noticing That We Only Lose When We Are Playing With The Same Quarter(<--Is 25 Cents In The US) Or We Are Over Confident. I Also HAte Bottun Mashers Cuz They F*** Up The Buttons And The Stick.

well. i think that button mashers are just a last resort for people that are new to a fighting game or never played one before.

but however as i am used to the fighting game system i try to learn the moves before looking up on how to do the moves... i usually beat everyone at school anyways

the thing is that since i use emus to play those sorts of games, the limit of buttons pressed is always passed and usually newbies hurt me plenty, it would be a different story if we had seperate keyboards/joysticks/gamepads or played on console

so in a nutshell, i hate button mashers

My friends pretty much beats my ass to the groud by using sweeps and throws constantly. I'm the kind of a player that tries to master every single special move and fight with style... <_<

doesnt that jus piss u off??? especially when u already have a reputation of being good at a game within ur peers and they gloat about winning. idiots..hahah :)

My friends pretty much beats my ass to the groud by using sweeps and throws constantly. I'm the kind of a player that tries to master every single special move and fight with style... <_>

doesnt that jus piss u off??? especially when u already have a reputation of being good at a game within ur peers and they gloat about winning. idiots..hahah :)

Oh yes...it pisses me off. To be honest, I'd rather play against someone that matches my skills both in style and in the actual feeling of "being in control".