What Controller Is The Best....

ForceX

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Seeing as how IJTF_Cinder decided to close the MAJOR CPS3 Emulation News!!! (False alarm, fake) thread, in which I thought we were having a great discussion on what controllers we thought we the best....I decided to make another thread dedicated to this topic... ;)

Anyways, I vote for the SNES Controller....It is a known fact that most of todays controllers are based on this controller....

snes_euro_pad.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall, the PS2 controller works best... it works fairly well with any genre. This is due in large part to the four shoulder buttons. If they would make it slightly bigger and make R2 and L2 analog triggers it would be even better. I would put the XBOX-S second. The GC and DC are the worst on that list.

Anyways, I vote for the SNES Controller....It is a known fact that most of todays controllers are based on this controller....

But I think you should be voting for the best controller today. The SNES was great for it's time and many controllers have followed it's design since, but it would suck today. No analog sticks and too few buttons would make it worthless for most of today's games.

Edited by Thraxen

It pretty much depends on what kind of game you're playing, old mario bros games the you want nintendo, or super metriod-SNES controller, it you want an action/adventure game the ps2, it you want fisrt person shooter/3rd person-max payne-Xbox controller, if you want 2d fighter then the dreamcastcontroller, and lastley if you want a rpg/something of that nature or something with controlling a gun then - gamecube contoller

Seeing as how IJTF_Cinder decided to close the MAJOR CPS3 Emulation News!!! (False alarm, fake) thread, in which I thought we were having a great discussion on what controllers we thought we the best....I decided to make another thread dedicated to this topic... ;)

snes_euro_pad.jpg

Don't the new controller look most like the Sega Genesis 8 button monsters? I LOVED THE GENESIS CONTROLLERS!

gen-officialsegapad.jpg

Anon.

PS2/1/X controllers 1

Dreamcast controller

Gamecube (Its innovative, good for some games, bad for some others (CvS2 for example = SUCKS)

Xbox Controllers are too big, since you need to drive all the way to japan to press the Start button)

Xbox Controller S (Decent, but the Black and White buttons seem out of place, always accidently pressing them and causing something to go boom)

SNES handdowns with Genesis and Saturn controllers right at its tail. I never owned a Sega system so that's why they aren't better than my SNES controller. But my best friend had those systems and I loved those Sega controllers. 6 face buttons, awesome grip, 2 triggers, black, nice.

I like my Sidewinder, it's very Sega + Playstation-ish.

dual shock is my most favorite of all time. I remember I always hated those stupid 8 way direction buttons and this one was easy to use cause it has 4 and its really simple. Unlike the xbox and dreamcast controller where its all big and sh¡t

It depends on the game you use them for, each controller has pros and cons. However, there can be no question about one thing, the model 2 Saturn pad is the best joypad for 2D fighting games.

Didn't we have a poll/thread like this before?

seriously :P