I want to buy a new graphics card....

Concerning slowdowns on emulators: check the emulator's thread priority. I used to have big slowdowns in MAME and Nebula (Duron at 800 MHz), now both run smooth as silk.

In MAME: Menu Options -> Interface Options -> Emulation -> High thread priority (check it).

In Nebula: Menu Emulation -> Options -> System -> Nebula Process Priority (I set it at 10, it works fine).

Of course this will only work if your system is powerful enough to emulate, but the OS brings it down. It won't do anything good to a 486 at 25 MHz :P

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I've never even HEARD of RDRAM!

I may get the card so when my pc is upgraded it wil have a good card, but probably I'll save my pennies for a full upgrade. (it'll take a while!)

Concerning that emulator benchmarking article, it was rather interesting, but i hardly think it was a fair test, considering A; they only used ePSXe, B; the graphics plugin was written by a dude with a Raedon 9700, c; they used a certain setting on the plugins for every test....all of us real emulation freaks know that every *advanced* emulator's settings will be tweaked differently for different people with different hardware...hell, I have to have different settings for different GAMES!

Well, it depends on the card and manufacturer.

Since you have a Athlon (Not XP right) processor, go to this website http://www.powertweak.com and download the program and the crack somewhere......

For your Radeon 9700... Try searching tweaks and stuff for your video card at www.tweak3d.com. Even though it's primarily Nvidia stuff you can get there, I remember some ATI Radeon tweaks there.

But look how much more it costs!!!!

Notice how the P4 these days suck? Its because the P4 was originally made for RAMBUS! Thats why it owns ;) I dont know where you're at, but RDRAM around here is cheap compared to DDR. $217 RDRAM 512 vs $325 DDR 512 :blink: Expensive here

Well you get majorly ripped off my friend.....good quality 512mb of DDR here is only $110....

Edited by ForceX

Well, it depends on the card and manufacturer.

Since you have a Athlon (Not XP right) processor, go to this website http://www.powertweak.com and download the program and the crack somewhere......

For your  Radeon 9700... Try searching tweaks and stuff for your video card at www.tweak3d.com. Even though it's primarily Nvidia stuff you can get there, I remember some ATI Radeon tweaks there.

Thanks dude. I'll check that stuff out.

The thread priority is making no difference...I guess I'll just get some more RAM.

Edited by GryphonKlaw