Hosting a radio station...

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea. I REALLY need hosting for the station, and I KNOW i can't pay for a server. Can someone help me, or is the dream over? (hey GameCooooppppp.... :-D)

Anon.

If they have a program that works with Linux Servers, I might be able to hook us up.

*Tears swell up in my eyes* Really? HELL YES!!!

Who is "they"? You mean, like, me, the DJ of 1emuStation? :)

Anon.

They..meaing does ShoutCast, IceCast, etc. have a software to run a radio station on a webserver? Eh, the idea might be bad though, since then we would have to upload all the songs on the server which is illegal. If you guys can think of another way, I'm all up for ears since I really don't know how it works. :P

uhh you dont have to upload all the songs. Basically if we have a fast HOST server, all the DJ does is login and stream through the server from his pc. So basically the dj plays the music from his/her pc through the host to all the listeners........

Yes, there are other methods like uploading songs, and have people place their requests with automated djs, etc.....but i think the live dj thing is much cooler and less of a pain in the arse since all they have to do is login to the host and start being a dj.........

i think the SERVER-SIDE software is called Shoutcast DNAS..........for shoutcast ofcourse..

Streaming music is perfectly legal :-D Shoutcasting is streaming music, that cannot be downloaded unless a program is used to rip (big no no, even I have my limits against illegal mp3s :P which is half my collection :/)

Edit: If you want to see my mp3 list(for the d00d whos going to DJ, just send over a pm :))

Edited by K`dash