McDonald's to eliminate Super Sizes

Alpha

Well I guess its about time. But people need to figure out that exercise is possibly the most important part to staying slim and fit. And a proper diet, ofcourse.

But now little fat kids are going to start whinning why there isn't any more supersize for their incredible fatty appetites. "It's because you're 30 pounds overweight you little fat sack o' crap!" Oh I wish I could say that...:lol:

But I think this is a pretty good first step for McDonalds to take. I mean, their food is still fatty as hell. They still haven't gotten rid of trans-fatty acids which is probably the major culprit in the health issues. So they need to figure out something to do about that, but that'll be a while. A long while.

Personally, I hate McDonalds and other fast food joints. And if I ever have to eat there if I'm on the road, I only medium fries because they're so damn oily in the first place. The only good fast food restaurant is Popeyes...love that chicken (and biscuits) from Popeyes! Yumm...

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah that is true. But the culture you're referring to is basically a McDonald's culture. The spread of these fast food places (and all other big corporations) all around the world is also referred to as "McDonaldization."

The fast food companies give the public such easy and plentiful choices that people are bound to go for them. Why cook a meal when you can take the McFatty family down to McDonald's for a hearty BigMac and supersize fries.

You can go to http://www.mcdonaldization.com/whatisit.shtml.

I remember I went to this site to do my economics paper in senior year of high school.

So now we gotta buy 2 fries and 2 cokes? lol

Idiot ass people. If someone wants to eat, theyre going to eat.........supersize or not.

Its all about choices we all have them. Taking away OPTIONS aka Supersize wont take away the choice to eat a lot of food.

sick of these retards.

I'm Lovin It!

Edited by N3oGhost

MC DONALDS Crispy Ceasar IS BETTER ANYWAYS! :lol:

Yes, I finally have a chance to biatch about those bloody McDonalds adds - these probably only show in Australia but i know there are a fair few Aussies on this forum.

Okay, Aussies, the ads I'm talking about are those bloody ones where the investigative journalist barges his way into the kitchen and he's like, "now we get to see what they REALLY put in a McDonalds hamburger." then he sees an egg, and he picks it up and he says, "whats this?" to which the burger slave chick (and she ISN'T 15! how unrealistic is that for a start?) says "its a fresh egg". Then the reporter dude says, oh yeah, are you sure it isn't powdered? and slams it on his head, and surprise surprise its an egg. Then the burger slave says, "when hens start laying powdered eggs we'll start using them".

GGGGGGGGGGr, that add pisses me off. come to think of it all the bloody McDonalds adds piss me off. Like, have you noticed that they've finally noticed that no-one in this country calls McDonalds McDonalds, its Maccas to us. So now they're putting people saying 'macceerrrrs!' on the ad, so we're supposed to think, wow, they know our linguo, that MUST make them cool!

I wouldn't mind so much if McDonalds didn't suck so much, I mean I can tolerate those dreadful Subway ads but that's because Subway is tasty.

By the way, just so everyone knows, "McDonalds" was the name of a popular burger-bar that Ray Krock (the founder of McDonalds) bought the naming rights to, presumably because if the fast-food chain was called "Krock's" everyone would realise what a Krock of Sh** the food really is!

Yes, I finally have a chance to biatch about those bloody McDonalds adds - these probably only show in Australia but i know there are a fair few Aussies on this forum.

Okay, Aussies, the ads I'm talking about are those bloody ones where the investigative journalist barges his way into the kitchen and he's like, "now we get to see what they REALLY put in a McDonalds hamburger." then he sees an egg, and he picks it up and he says, "whats this?" to which the burger slave chick (and she ISN'T 15! how unrealistic is that for a start?) says "its a fresh egg". Then the reporter dude says, oh yeah, are you sure it isn't powdered? and slams it on his head, and surprise surprise its an egg. Then the burger slave says, "when hens start laying powdered eggs we'll start using them".

GGGGGGGGGGr, that add pisses me off. come to think of it all the bloody McDonalds adds piss me off. Like, have you noticed that they've finally noticed that no-one in this country calls McDonalds McDonalds, its Maccas to us. So now they're putting people saying 'macceerrrrs!' on the ad, so we're supposed to think, wow, they know our linguo, that MUST make them cool!

I wouldn't mind so much if McDonalds didn't suck so much, I mean I can tolerate those dreadful Subway ads but that's because Subway is tasty.

By the way, just so everyone knows, "McDonalds" was the name of a popular burger-bar that Ray Krock (the founder of McDonalds) bought the naming rights to, presumably because if the fast-food chain was called "Krock's" everyone would realise what a Krock of Sh** the food really is!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That is much better than the ones we are subjected to in the US. Over here, we have this "I'm Lovin' It" mantra. It's with these staged "home video" camera shots with a fag singer in the background singing how good McDonalds is and then ending it with a "I'm lovin' it!"

The worst part about those ad are that after one plays, another commercial for someone else comes on, and THEN ANOTHER McDONALD'S AD!! That's two McDonald's ad in less than a minute!

They're bludgening us in the face with these stupid ass commercials.

And now they are introducing these chicken strip things and those commercials are even worse than the "I'm lovin' it." These commercials feature these people that are like "Stay away from the chicken strip! My chicken strip! Buy your own! Woo wooo wooo, this is the police, put my chicken strip down!" And these are supposed to funny and make me want to go to McDonalds!

I think the ad execs at McDonalds get together and figure out commericials just to PISS ME OFF! It has to be.

This company is a scrouge. But it can and never will go away. It's too embedded into world culture. McDonald's is the symbol of global corporate domination.

Edited by GryphonKlaw

Guess McDonalds isn't ever getting my business again. Their meals don't fill me enough and I always Super Size, sometimes I eat TWO meals.

Oh well, Wendy's is closer and their Biggy Size ain't goin nowhere! (They have better burgers anyway, I rarely eat at McDonald's as is) :D

meh, people will only find somewhere else to slake their disgusting appetites. on the other hand, if mcdonalds continues to clean up their act, good for them. i suspect that their happy meals are a major reason for the youth waistline explosion here in the US. every time i see a mother feeding mcdonalds to a young child, i cry a little inside... that woman has no idea what she is doing.