i cant get on xbox live with evoxm7 bios HELP!!!

rudetuna

Could you get onto Live with a modchip before, or is this a brand new modchip and the first time you've tried to log on since putting it in? Are you getting any sort of error messages?

I think TSOP is the chip where the normal XBOX BIOS is stored. There are ways to flash that chip.

so ur saying that as long as i didnt log onto xbox live with the mod enabled....changing the bios shouldnt stop me from connecting on live if i could before.

Yeah, just flashing the BIOS shouldn't have mattered. But here is a question, do you have any Live Aware games? These are games, like Project Gotham 2, that automatically try to connect to Live when you start them up (this function can be disabled). PG2 does it so that it can show the leader boards even when playing in single player. Also, it's generally a just a bad idea to access the MS dashboard at all with your modchip on if you have a Live account.

The latest X2 BIOS' have a feature that tricks the XBOX into thinking there is no network connection available so that there is no way to accidently access Live while using your modchip. But the M7 does not have this feature. So maybe you were doing something that was causing your XBOX to try and access Live, but the X2 BIOS (if you were using 4981) was protecting you and preventing this from happening. But when you switched to the M7 it couldn't stop the XBOX from trying to connect and now you are banned. Maybe this scenario is what happened.

BTW, there are people who sell unbanned eeproms over at the XBox-Scene forums. If you are banned, you could buy one of these and use ConfigMagic to insert the information into your eeprom and then you should be able to access Live again.

Edited by Thraxen

The eeprom is just a chip on the XBOX that contains information about your XBOX. Stuff like your region, video output, and it also contains your XBOX's unique online key. This is what gets banned.

Normally you would us a program called ConfigMagic. It can read, back-up, and restore your eeprom. But I'm not sure how you would do it on an unmodded XBOX. I think the chip may actually be removable, but that would mean that you would need to open your friend's XBOX and swap eeproms. So it may still just be easier to buy a new eeprom image unless you know someone with a modded XBOX that doesn't use Live. The person I saw selling them was selling them $9 USD. Seems like a more than reasonable price to me and would save you a lot of trouble.

One note, how new is your XBOX? I don't think that version 1.5 XBOXs (and maybe even 1.4s) are compatible with ConfigMagic.