The network wide rules of »¤« €mü • ZøÑë »¤«

Snail

http://SnailSoft.cjb.net:20080/NetworkRules.rtf

This is a document containing the network wide rules by which all hubs

within »¤« €mü • ZøÑë »¤«

must agree on to enter and remain in the network.

Many people from around the world worked on these rules to best give everyone a fair set of rules.

If you have any comments or questions, feel free to contact me at my HUB.

the most extensive rules i've ever seen for a network, nice :P.

A few questions, i know it's not exactly my right to be requesting rule changes and the such, but under the reccomended hub rules, you list cdi and ogm has reccomended bad file formats. OGM is a popular video format that has multiple audio tracks and subtitle support built in, making it popular for foreign media like anime. cdi format is a very popular format for dreamcast games, which are quite popular across DC. the cdi format has been chosen because disc juggler best handles the multi-track formats of dreamcast images that are used. dont take any of these as requests or demands, just humble selections from a fellow dc op :-D.

BTW, sDC doesn't extend to emu-network, does it? I always like op-centered dc clients :).

Hello.

Yes, the network did get split up.

Emu Net is now a network just for quantity, no standards required.

Emu Zone, has less users, but is all about quality. Leechers are met harshly.

The cDI and OGM formats when investigated, where completely unknown to all who were asked. And as DC emulation is still in its early stages, their use are still not that widespread and when encountered, many people still complain.

I've seen a lot of Playstation being done in those formats, and that's just wrong.

Fortunately, those rules are not "network" rules, and rather, in the suggested HUB rules.

This means, hubs may, at their discression, use the option.

And should DC emulation take off, and those formats become popular, they may be removed all together from the list.

From the sDC++ readme file:

Snail's Direct Connect is an OP's only client with many special OP features.

Originally, I made it for use in Emu Net, as that is the network I was part of and to help its OPs.

As this network has changed, so too have the conditions of its use.

Only OPs and up are still allowed to use the client.

Only those in the Emu Zone network may now use the client.

People who are not a part of Emu Zone, my current network, are not allowed to use the client.

Former OPs and owners not part of Emu Zone, are not permitted to use the client.

Users found using the client, will be treated as having a banned client.

Part of the reason for this, is that my client is to entise people into the network I am.

Further, the special OP commands, are meant for those who want rules and accept the client.

As it stands, that is no longer Emu Net.

I have been asked, why can UDGnet users not use the client...

Simple, UDGnet has its own byDC client, that like mine, is optimised for their network. Further, UDGnet refuses to let other users have byDC, ergo, why would they expect others to let them have outside clients?

Pertaining to the question of OPs with sDC being in hubs where they are not OPs...

So as not to get into trouble with other OPs, please run a second client, or 2 copies of sDC and in the second copy, change the zTAG.

Remember if running a second copy of sDC, to change your QUE and DOWNLOAD data to avoid the 2 clients writing to the same files!

• 2 weeks later...
Hello.

Yes, the network did get split up.

Emu Zone, has less users, but is all about quality.  Leechers are met harshly.

The cDI and OGM formats when investigated, where completely unknown to all who were asked.  And as DC emulation is still in its early stages, their use are still not that widespread and when encountered, many people still complain.

I've seen a lot of Playstation being done in those formats, and that's just wrong.

Fortunately, those rules are not "network" rules, and rather, in the suggested HUB rules.

This means, hubs may, at their discression, use the option.

And should DC emulation take off, and those formats become popular, they may be removed all together from the list.

the Dreamcast can play burned games without modding, so people still very commonly use it for this reason. OGMs are relatively knew, but are growing greatly, and is a great multi-audio video format used quite extensively in anime dvd-rips today. So is.mkv, which is a similar format. I hope you allow those two :lol:.

• 4 weeks later...

Emu Zone, has less users, but is all about quality.  Leechers are met harshly.

You know, I just realized something.

Snail's got balls.

Or maybe this post was another case of "My we-wee is bigger than your's. BLAM!"

But I'm probably wrong.

Edited by Jiggs