The best Street Fighter of them all

alexis

Akuma = stupid Capcom U.S.A. name

Gouki = Better sounding name that actually fits his character.

SF3 = Teh win because it's actually different. And the art obviously kicks ass once you check out the Street Fighter Eternal art book.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only if it means "Soul-less Fanboy God" in Japanese. :D

Not everyone uses akuma/gouki

I would say Ken is the ultimate fanboy :P

A hell of a lot of people use him

Gouki = Man of Nothingness. A perfect name for someone who has gone the great lengths to be more then human. In short, he is actually human, he just has more power then your avarage fighter.

Only if it means "Soul-less Fanboy God" in Japanese. :unsure:

Not everyone uses akuma/gouki

I would say Ken is the ultimate fanboy :P

A hell of a lot of people use him

Meh, it's more like Akuma (or Gouki, if you prefer) has far too large a following for what I see as a poorly designed, unoriginal character. Ken and Ryu are at least signature Street Fighter since day 1.

It's just too easy to take their existing popularity, attatch the words "powerful" and "evil" to it along with a rather bland "All I care about is being stronger than you" back story and BANG, instant fan favorite. :P

Gfx & animations : SF3 3rd Strike ;

Technically : SFa3 ;

Nostalgia : SF2'CE & SSF2T.

:ph34r:

Spot on Mr.X

People who don't read canon guides = teh suck

When it comes to storylines CAPCOM U.S.A. ethier twists them or completely changes them.

Gouki doesn't have a following here. He just plays better then Ryu. Ken would be the most balanced of the 3(4 if you count Dan, 5 if you count Sean).

People who don't read canon guides = teh suck

When it comes to storylines CAPCOM U.S.A. ethier twists them or completely changes them.

Gouki doesn't have a following here. He just plays better then Ryu. Ken would be the most balanced of the 3(4 if you count Dan, 5 if you count Sean).

What's the canon story? All the canon guides I checked pretty much said "he's trained to be so powerful that he's lost his humanity" in a greater number of words.

And what country is "here?" He's easily a fan fav where I'm at. And yeah, I think Ken is the most balanced.

Not exactly. He's not a demon. He's still human. He just has abnormal human strengths (able to stay in water for a long time, making an island collapes by punching it, etc.) His moral code is just training. If you are in his way of his training, he wouldn't stop because his training comes first before everything else. He didn't mean to scare those guys in the submarine in his 3s ending or by blowing up a boat and cutting a mountin in half. They just got in his way. Theres even some offical of him selling fruit o.O Which i've scanned it too.

Here = Canada. No one ever chooses him in CvS2 and 3s.