The best Street Fighter of them all

alexis

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 9 months later...

I agree with the person who said your fondest memories are of your first love (Street Fighter 2 Turbo) but I still think that (Street Fighter 3 Third Strike) is the most polished 2D fighting game ever...

It flushed out button mashers, they hate it cuz you can't mash to win. Alpha 3 for Dreamcast is at a close 2nd just because of all the madness they added to it.

Well SF 3 third strike had its qualities but once a person mastered the art of parrying the game becomes boring and the combos thrown out in SF 3 kills the game. However I would have to say that it did a good job wipeing out the button masher. As for best SF its definately SF II turbo I started out on it and I remember the days where we had a whole group of people playing round after round in a local arcade.

I've got to say Marvel vs. Streetfighter,but I actually grew up playing Streetfighter 2 Turbo on my Snes. For all those who think the SF3 games are perfect, just try Super StreetFighter 2 X on CPS2.That is the most balnced SF game ever made.

Edited by DanManXZ

I think 3rd strike was the prettiest street fighter but the master the parry thing messed it up a bit(i still cant master it) alpha 3 was the hardest, you really had to know how to play the game to beat that one(bisons final takes more than 1/2 life) street fighter 2 turbo was good, you didnt really have to have any skills to beat that one, just practice. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::blink:

• 4 weeks later...

Hey KOH_roms ;)

You said your fave CPS1 Street Fighter Game was Super SF2 Turbo

the SUPER SF's were the first games on CPS2. They don't look as good as most CPS2 games, but that's what hardware they were on. So you'll have to rethink your fave CPS1 StreetFighter :(