The best Street Fighter of them all

alexis

Street Fighter Alpha 3 was the worst Alpha game.

It did have more characters (I only enjoyed playing as Cody from the new guys), but the whole feeling of the game was altered. The juggles were good fun but made the fights rather clumsy.

In my opinion the Alpha games got worse. SFA1 had the right damage levels and difficulty level (on level :D. SFA2 was good but the fights went on a bit too long and SFA3 was just way too easy (on top difficulty) and added too many daft features (safe fall and juggling) and the characters were way too weak (except obviously Blanka and E.Honda - the cheesiest SF characters ever).

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SFA1 is when Ryu was at his strongest along with most characters. Then they get weakened later. Ryu's Dragon Punch was no joke in SFA1.

As far as Street Fighter 3 goes, I have mixed opinions. You see my two favorite characters of Street Fighter 3 Alex and Sean. Alex is best in Street Fighter 3:Third Strike. Sean was best in Street Fighter 3:New Generations (they screwed him up so bad in Third Strike).

Well, in Street Fighter 2 Turbo, Guile's Flash Kick was two hits, hehe.

I guess Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo Edition.

• 3 months later...

SFA3 gets my vote. SF3 is good but i find SFA3 better (especially the DC version since it beats the arcade version).

my favorite SF2 is definitely SF2CE. hyper fighting edition i liked but still pefered championship edition

poor SF1 never gets a vote :P

i really hate the gfx looking like cartoons

Really? But all 2D fighters look more or less like cartoons...Does that mean that your not a big fan of 2D fighters?

i really hate the gfx looking like cartoons

Really? But all 2D fighters look more or less like cartoons...Does that mean that your not a big fan of 2D fighters?

hehehe i know what you mean, nah i love 2d fighters, they all look like cartoons but i think that it is not the intention most of the times, unlike the last capcom games and the game arts of snk lately, some time ago they looked more real, if they are gonna make them like cartoons at least they should be more creative, draw some new sprites for christ sake

Edited by alexis

evil double post from teh super mod!?!? heheh

anyways I say

for the sf2 series: super street fighter 2: the new challengers.

for the alpha series: street fighter alpha 2

and for the sf3 series: 3rd strike