-VIOLENCE-

Very interesting film...

I'm going to watch it this friday

this film caused such a media frenzy :)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to go see it. Not going for religious reasons, I'm an athiest, but too see Jesus get whipped, beaten and get crucified. Yes, I am a sadistic motherflocker. :) But I'm only going to see it if I get in for free, I'm not going to pay Mel Gibson $7.50 to see his propaganda.

I think it would be priceless if I yelled out at the appropriate moments "That's gotta hurt!" or "That'll leave a mark!" But I'm sure the audience would crucify me and be ejected from the premises. And then don their whitehoods and burn a cross in my yard.

Before any of you lash out at my sacriligous comments, I'm only joking except for the athiest and not paying for that movie. That part is true. I would never do what I just wrote because I respect other peoples' beliefs. And frankly I'm scared of a group of hooded whitemen burning a cross in my yard. :D

LOL GryphonKlaw....

I wanna watch it as well but no way in hell am i paying AUD$10 to see it....me and my mates have a system to get heaps of people into movies for free...

Buy two tickets to the same movie and enter the theatre...one person has to come out of the theatre (say your going to the bathroom) and give another person waiting outside of the cinema's one ticket stub and both of you walk into the theatre separately (If they ask just say you went to use the payphone or something)......keep on repeating this process with different people walking in and out of the theatre with the ticket stub :)

It has never failed to date....

Kansas Woman Dies Watching 'Passion' Scene -Report

Wednesday February 25 5:47 PM ET

A middle-aged woman died of an apparent heart attack on Wednesday while watching the climactic crucifixion scene in "The Passion of the Christ" at a morning showing in Wichita, Kansas, a television station reported.

The film was stopped and a nurse in attendance went to the unidentified woman's side, a spokeswoman for KAKE-TV in Wichita said.

"It was the highest emotional part of the movie," she said. A crew from the TV station was at the special showing, which was sponsored by a radio station.

The woman, who was in her 50s, was pronounced dead at a nearby hospital, where a spokesman would only say she had been attending a movie. The county coroner's office said an autopsy would be performed.

courtesty of http://movies.yahoo.com/news/va/20040225/1...7776005800.html

now that is something.... :)

The guy playing Jesus, Jim Caveziel (whatever), got struck by lightning during filming of the movie. Ok, if Mel Gibson didn't see that as a sign, then I don't know what's going on. He also dislocated his shoulder. I think Jesus was trying to say "EVERYONE KNOWS ABOUT THE STORY! STOP THIS BULLSHIT! I DON'T WANT TO SEE ME GETTING CRUCIFIED AGAIN! IT HURT LIKE crap THE FIRST TIME!"

It's kind of weird, though. I never pictured Mel Gibson as being this ultra-religious guy. I mean, he did Mad Max, Lethal Weapon, and other mature films. It's just odd.

I had a feeling someone was going to make a topic about this movie.

But first, don't make any racist or any kind of bad religious comments, please!

I don't want this thread to become a flame war!

As for the movie, I'm probabally going to see it. I'm a big fan of Jim Caveziel, did anyone see The Count of Monte Cristo with him? That was a awesome movie. I'm definately looking forward into seeing this movie and to me it's not about religion, it's about the movie itself.

IMHO religion is the cause of many of the problems that humans face..... :)

e.g. Those terrorist f*&kwits who say they are bombing a school in the name of allah etc :lol:

The above are my personal opinions so anyone who is offended by them don't be as I am a religious person myself but I believe that humanity would be better off without religion :D

Edited by ForceX

religion itself isnt the problem, its the misuse of religion thats the problem

as far as the movie I do plan to see it, not because of any religious aspects (although I am religious), but because one of Mels other movies he directed is one of my favorite movies ever, which Is Braveheart