Pausing in Kawaks for Sound rip

I heard something on another topic about how you can use Kawaks to rip sound files to.WAV. I'm trying to rip Metal Slug 5's soundtrack. I can get it done, but I don't know how to get it to pause so I can capture the music without any other sound. Can anyone help me out? As it is right now, I just have the guy wait at the beginning of the stage, which would be fine if it didn't have that annoying beeping every 2 seconds telling you to GO!! :lol:

Any help would be appreciated.

The problem with that is that while it is possible to pause kawaks, it is kawaks that pauses the game, it doesn't pause in-game (arcade machines rarely come with a pause button).

However, you could try M1, a project by the zinc boys that basically lets you listen to music from your arcade roms. I don't know if ms is supported, and i don't have time to check but it supports over a thousand games, so I like your chances.

Try downloading it from http://www.emuhype.com/index.phtml?s=misc&ss=files. make sure you get the latest version of M1 (0.74c)

Thanks for the tip, I'll check as soon as the West Wing is over.

The reason I phrased this using the word "pause" is because someone (NeoMaster I think) said he uses this feature to rip songs in Kawaks, leading me to believe there is some way to get the action to stop but the music to keep playing. If anyone has any idea about this, please let me know.