The Ultimate PSX Swap Guide

Shibathedog

To play Burned/Import PSX games on your PSX you need a chip right? WRONG!!!!

All you need is this...

1. At least one original game from YOUR region (go find a sports game for under a buck hehe)

2. A Gameshark CDX IT MUST SAY CDX ON THE BOX (i use version 3.3 but all versions of CDX supposedly work)

3. The memory card doohicky that game with the gameshark

4. your burned/backup game

5. a paperclip

Ok here we go

Put in your gameshark memory card into slot 2 and your regular memory card into slot 1 (if you have one) the reason for this is that some games only support a memory card in slot one so the memory card should go there because the gameshark doesnt care where the card is hehe

Then with the lid still open bend the paper clip around the thing in the right hand corner of the lid how to do this you ask?

ok heres how i do it

Unfold the paperclip completly and grab the very end with some pliers and twist the paperclip around the pliers repeadedly (i hope your using needlenose pliers or this wont work hehe)

then when about a inch is left bend the remaing wire down...it should look like this

_____

_____

_____

I

I

I

I

I

and the top should look like this

_ _

_______ _

_ _

(its supposed to e a circle with a line in the middle hehe)

The middle part (the line) should have been created when you twisted it around the pliers by itself this is very usefull!!!

Now take the roundish part and put it over the bottom of the button pusher thing one the PSX lid (its on the top right) and carefully force (oxymoron but true) the bottom part onto the button on the top right but NOT IN THE HOLE ON THE BUTTON IT WILL GO THROUGH it should be pressing the button down!!

now assuming your gameshark CD is in turn on your PSX and select codes for your game if you want or not it doesnt matter (this is the cool part about this swap trick hehe) now select start game with or without codes depending on if you want codes or not

the gameshark CD shouldnt be spinning so take it out and replace it with your Orginal game. carefully pull the button presser thing up just enough so on the screen the message says something about close the lid then let the button presser back down allowing it to keep the button held down again.

Your CD should start spinning

heres the swap part

The CD will start spinning slow then fast then slow again.

Get your backup/import ready and watch the CD closeley

i recommend just watching it boot once or twice without the swap just so its easier for you to tell the differenvce between the fast spinning and the slow spinning but its not that hard trust me

Ok so after the CD starts spinning slowly WAIT it will start to spin fast WAIT then it will spin slow again then QUICKLY take out the original and put it your backup/import

The backup or import could take anywhere from 3-30 seconds to boot up but any longer than that and you did it wrong hehe

and thats it!!! you can play your game PERFECTLY color/perfect framerates EVERYTHING now!!!

ALSO you can use CHEATS!!! AND since theres no modchip to detect and the games are too stupid to tell if you used this or not it works on ALL one disc games!!!

well there ya go!! this SEEMS hard but its NOT and its worth it

HAVE A 2 DISC GAME?!?!?! READ ON!!!!

This is so simple to do, MOST GAMES, when you save, it puts your save on the second disc, and you dont need the first disc anymore because you cant go back, so you just turn it off and then boot the second disc and load your game

If this is not the case, or its one of those games where you walk past a certain point and you have to put in disc two then read on!!!

OK so pretty much a screen shows up that says insert disc 1, 2 3, 4, or whatever

EASILY FIXED!!!, replace the backup with an ORIGINAL GAME FROM YOUR REGION, it can be any game (the backup shouldnt be spinning) slightly lift up the lid, and let it start spinning

it will spin slow, then fast

as soon as it starts to spin fast, take out your original and replace it with disc 2 or whatever of your backed up game

DO IT VERY QUICKLY!!!

after that, BAM, your done!!! sweet huh? If you mess up, you will just get a "wrong disc error" and you can try again!!! Its almost as if Sony WANTS yo to do it!!

Gameshark Rules, Sony's Ignorance Rules, But most of all Free Games Rule, Mod-Chips are for lazy people who want to waste money :lol:

-Shibathedog

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...