My First Xbox Chipping Experience about to begin!!

Shibathedog

I don't think you can come out the back as the cable is too short and designed for the front. You probably could if the cable was long enough or make some sort of custom one that's thinner, so you can go where the AV Port is, but good luck finding those connectors.

If you're going to be traveling alot with it, then you'll probably have to realign it if you get FRAG when you get to your destination. That d0 point is VERY picky about being aligned correctly and the slightest jolt could cause it to be out of alignment. If you're really going to be traveling, it would be much better to solder it in. Realigning it would require to open up the Xbox everytime and also pull out the Hard Drive and DVD-Rom just to get to the chip and then spend time aligning it. To me, it wouldn't be worth the effort as soldering is a one shot deal if it's done correctly.

Well he can just add a switch to the modchip so if he wants to play online he can turn off the modchip and when he wants to play copied games etc he can turn the modchip on again  :P

SmartXX (the modchip makers) say they know something about LPC based modchips and the fact that Live 3.0 MAY be able to detect them (all rumor, but I have a feeling there's a bit of truth to it; even my M$ contact has mentioned something about it, and he told me about Live 2.0 fixing the Audio exploits and such...). So enjoy that switch now; I have a feeling M$ is up to something. It wouldn't really surprise me, rumor, again, tells me that M$ is trying everything they can to fix as much as possible before Halo 2 comes out. It's going to be their cash cow, and they'll do whatever it takes to protect it from being ripped, ect.

My M$ guy even goes so far as to tell me the game is finished, but is being held back for study of protections. This, I don't believe, but he's been right about other stuff before.

I don't really know why Microsoft would want LIVE to detect a "switched off" mod chip and ban the user. If they do that they will be losing money from an on going LIVE subscriber. The ex-subscriber would then probaly just go and say "screw LIVE" they would then just bootleg all of there games instead of getting original games to play on LIVE.

If Microsoft started banning all accounts that have any suspicious files detected on the users HD they would just be shooting themselvs in the foot. Losing subscriber money and losing money made off of original LIVE games.

The best thing MS can do as far as Mod chips and LIVE go is to just keep making sure that LIVE users don't have a chip enabled, and they are using original games to play on LIVE.

I don't really know why Microsoft would want LIVE to detect a "switched off" mod chip and ban the user. If they do that they will be losing money from an on going LIVE subscriber. The ex-subscriber would then probaly just go and say "screw LIVE" they would then just bootleg all of there games instead of getting original games to play on LIVE.

If Microsoft started banning all accounts that have any suspicious files detected on the users HD they would just be shooting themselvs in the foot. Losing subscriber money and losing money made off of original LIVE games.

The best thing MS can do as far as Mod chips and LIVE go is to just keep making sure that LIVE users don't have a chip enabled, and they are using original games to play on LIVE.

Great point. :D