Oooh...an Earth simulator

Gryph

Why the hell does the military want a virtual earth? The article says that it will be used for "stratgeic planning"....so what the US military wants to declare war on the world now?

This reminds me of an excerpt from one of the Red Dwarf books: basically, this company marketed this fancy headgear as "the ultimate virtual reality experience". It sold like hotcakes, until people noticed an increase in the amount of people wandering around, stroking other peoples chins saying "wow, that's AMAZING!"

Edited by random guy

I think the military wants more "realistic training". I don't see why; this country has been in a major war every decade. The military has plenty of practice on dropping bombs and murdering innocent civilians from their military conquests.

Edited by GryphonKlaw

I think the military wants more "realistic training". I don't see why; this country has been in a major war every decade. The military has plenty of practice on dropping bombs and murdering innocent civilians from their military conquests.

he he, excellent point man.

What were the casualties on both sides of the Iraq war? Something like US: 547, Iraq: at least 5,000 (that's the conservative estimate)!

he he, excellent point man.

What were the casualties on both sides of the Iraq war? Something like US: 547, Iraq: at least 5,000 (that's the conservative estimate)!

Body Counts on both sides

Scroll down for the Iraqi Civilian Body Count.

It's close to 10,000. And these are innocent civilians, not Baath Party loyalists and terrorists (who should be killed, don't get me wrong there).

And this is just in combat. This is not counting the over 500,000 people that died because of sanctions in the past decade.