Test Your IQ

Cominus

I take it you missed the winking smiley that follwed my statement? I was just funnin' around. I've taken it awhile ago, got in the low to mid 130's (can't remember exactly) and I didn't feel like taking it again. :angry:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People who start the IQ test threads are proud of there actuall score, i always get between 85 to 90, yeah i cant do maths and my english aint so hot but i am a logical thinker, all i am saying is i know people who suposingly have IQ,s of 135 + And they cant tell there ass from the elbow, basicly why do you need to know your IQ its an american thing in the first place soemthing which catagorises us unfairly "Your dumb hes not"

flock the guy that invented the test.

Heres mine

Your IQ score is 129

This number is the result of a formula based on how many questions you answered correctly on Tickle's Classic IQ test. Your IQ score is scientifically accurate; to read more about the science behind our IQ test, click here.

During the test, you answered four different types of questions — mathematical, visual-spatial, linguistic and logical. We analyzed how you did on each of those questions which reveals how your brain uniquely works.

We also compared your answers with others who have taken the test, and according to the sorts of questions you got correct, we can tell your Intellectual Type is Visual Mathematician.

This means you are gifted at spotting patterns — both in pictures and in numbers. These talents combined with your overall high intelligence make you good at understanding the big picture, which is why people trust your instincts and turn to you for direction — especially in the workplace. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results.

i think its a load of rubbish, they want to sell you the report, so they are not going to say "IQ =30" congratulations you are thick as pig ****! you have lower brain processes than many of the lower primates! please send $15 to get a Scathing report!"

I am doing Psychology in Uni, and from that I conclude that IQ tests mean exactly jack squat. -= prepare for a rant =-

Firstly, any IQ test is ethno-centric, which means people from a certain culture will score higher than others. For example, it has been found that people living in traditional villages, where they are surrounded by curves, will find it harder to "see" a straight line than people from cities where there are roads and straight edges on buildings, etc. This means that villagers find it hard to measure perspective, so that in this picture, although we assume that the house is further away than the road, it wouldn't necessarily be as obvious to a tribal villager.

So that means that all the spatial questions are intrinsically biased.

Second, as with this and most intelligence tests, all the questions are in English, which is another huge bias. Thirdly all the questions are culturally biased, in that western readers wil be more at home with the way the questions are phrased.

Fourth, it doesn't take into account that -most- people will be hot in one area (Ie for me its language) while terrible at others (mathematics)

Lastly, it has been proven that the same person taking the test two different times often yeilds two very different results.

Also have you noticed that no-one seemed to get under 120? Although I'm sure that by some standards gamers are more intelligent ( ;) ), it is statistically unlikely that so many people would get results around the "genius mark". It is much more likely that they are trying to butter you up so you can by whatever it is they are flogging. Why else would they want your email address.

(by the way I'm not just grumpy cause I took the test and only got a 125! <it was 2:00AM when I did the test> :angry: )

Edited by random guy

i know people who suposingly have IQ,s of 135 + And they cant tell there ass from the elbow

I got a 135 on that test and I can't tell my ass from my elbow so emsley's right. :lol:

But yeah, this test is for stupid people to feel better about themselves. The real IQ tests are given by government to kids. My parents told me that I took one when I was 5 and that I scored very high. They didn't tell me the exact score but said it was over 140, but I'm a moron.

But these tests are highly subjective. I'm pretty sure they've stopped giving them because people have realized that they don't mean anything.

And then they have to people that say your EQ (emotional quotient) is more important. What bullcrap. There was a presentation at a medical school that I went to, and this guy was telling how doctors are supposed to have very high EQs. It was so funny because he was very discreetly saying how he had a high score on both is IQ and EQ. I hate that kid, he's (or was) my arch-nemisis. I wanted to punch that smug bastard in the face... well anyway, my point is that all these tests are completely meaningless.

The only real test is what you actually do with your life.

Edited by GryphonKlaw