Student arrested for taking Game Boy BOMB

Alpha

By S.K. BARDWELL

Copyright 2004 Houston Chronicle

A Livingston Junior High School student is in police custody today, after fellow students called Crime Stoppers to report he had a homemade bomb at school Thursday.

The student, whose name is not being released because of his age, hollowed out a Game Boy and filled it with gunpowder, Livingston police said.

But when the student bragged about his invention, another student called Crime Stoppers to report the device, police said.

The Polk County school was evacuated briefly Thursday afternoon while officials searched for the student and the bomb. He was arrested on a school bus headed to a track meet, and the bomb was rendered harmless.

Police said the boy could be charged with carrying a prohibited weapon into a school zone, a second degree felony.

So what's next.. PS2 grenade launcher? :)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did he get te gun powder? Did he go and take out the slug from the bullet shellls and collect the gunpowder from there? Shizzle sounds complicated. He wasnt trying to blow up the school he was trying to show the school how much he hated gameboys. Why does gamecop seem to be the onkly one who reads the news???

hehe i made bombs since i was about 11 and still do, i dont make them to be a terrorist or hurt anyone, i do everything in a very safe manner just because i have a facination with fire and explosions and destructive force hehe

anyway, what was he expecting to happen? he would turn it on and the electricity would set it off? This sounds like another one of those stories where the kid wants to kill everyone because his gilrlfriend dumped him