Alpha 3 for the PSX question

cosmic_lord

Ok, here's a quick question. On the PSX, you can get an alternate 'Arcade' version of Balrog, as opposed to the one available before you unlock the other one. My question is, what's the difference between these two? Plz be as detailed as u can, and thanks for the help.

faster=big advantage, especially if you can jump fast too (yep, im one of those annoying people that win because they jump all over the place and do moves on you real fast and jump outta the way while your trying to hit be back and do another move on you because when i jumped i ended up behind you/repeat/repeat/repeat/and so on. :) )

Speed is an advantage. But "hoppiness" gets you killed a lot.

Vega is actually pretty good... he's arguably the best character in alpha 3 just because if you level him up in world tour mode, set his ratio to +4 attack, and give him Guard Crush Plus and Damage Plus, then put him in V mode, activate custom combo with Jab Punch and Short Kick, then just continue doing Fierce Punch Rolling Crystal Flashes, carnage ensues since if they don't block, they're about dead. If they do block, with Damage Plus he can do almost 40% damage even though they blocked, and with guard crush plus, their guard meter will be utterly destroyed unless they're X mode zangief or something.

Vega is good, and he can hop just as much as Guy, but Vega doesn't do it as much because he has to charge, which makes him a lot harder to beat and predict. guy's so easy to predict and defend against it's pitiful. I can beat him with Zangief... but then again I use Zangief a lot. I've never seen anybody who actually won by doing all that hopping around, unless they were playing Marvel vs. Capcom or playing against newbies or something. Oh well, new concept 4 me I guess.

I do that jumping thing to, i beat my friend that way, i'd jump in with a fierce kick and downlow with either a medium kick or high kick(works pretty well) but of corse this works exceptionaly well with newbies and "cpu" i'd rather use seans(SFIII) overhead kick since it's a little faster(in a sense). Anyways i think dudley is better than balrog, they made him so stupid it's not even funny. Why is balrog always named "M.bison" in alpha 3, cap vs. snk 2 and probably a couple others too??

1. In Japan, Balrog was named M. Bison, M. Bison was named Vega, and Vega was named Balrog. They thought Mike Tyson would get pissed so they changed the boxer's name to Balrog, and thusly had to change Balrog's name to Vega, and Vega's name to M. Bison, therefore solving the problem.

2. Jumpiness is cheap, which is why newbies do it so much, and the kind of jumping you're talking about doesn't give you an advantage at all. Jumping randomly is the only way you WON'T die like that... because if it's random you're not so predictable, like Guy and ppl that use him. Also, just for the record, anybody who does all that jumping is an idiot anyway, so there is no "jumping around like an idiot" :angry: