Its Official Now, no more NeoGeo

Prican25

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I hate to say it, but if Nintendo was still making games for the NES, they'd have flopped harder than an obese man diving for pearls (okay, I had to stretch a little for that one!) by now.

As cool as ms5, svc, kof2k3 (I'm not counting ss5 in that list, as I

couldn't tell the difference between it and ss3) were, it is dead hardware. I thought I couldn't tell the difference, but then I got "jojo's bizarre adventure" for the psx, and although I am guessing it was an unfaithful, incomplete port of the arcade verion *and my rationing behind this is that the game also came out on the DC, and Naomi is supposed to be a souped-up dreamcast* it blows away kof2k3, svc, and all other cps2/neo geo games.

Honestly, I cannot think of any other industry where market leaders could get away with using 15-year old hardware! If Microsoft tried that, they'd be more dead in the water than a floating, corpulent corpse that fell victim to a Ted Bundy attack, and then went missing for years.

Nothing lasts forever  anyway someone will work out how to dump and emulate Atomiswave.until then lets just enjoy what we have. :)

this also could be the end of SNK

It'll take years before PC hardware gets fast enough to emulate Atomiswave in a playable state.

Well, emulation regarding neogeo games is over. Thats fine with me since I'll just get their new games on Xbox and play them on Live. :)

This was the best move SNK could do. Their games will look much better, and get reconized more than before.

another use of atomiswave? Long live the dreamcast architecture!! :) I too am actually kind of glad to hear this, not only because it'll hopefully mean some nice graphical upgrades for these franchises, but it will allow collectors like me to finally see an end to the slow trickle of mvs carts that have been comming out. When SvC came on its own board instead of a cart i thought it was finally over, now perhaps it is.

Sad to see the geo turn the corner, but glad to see the atomiswave comming up the block.

Nothing lasts forever  anyway someone will work out how to dump and emulate Atomiswave.until then lets just enjoy what we have. :)

this also could be the end of SNK

It'll take years before PC hardware gets fast enough to emulate Atomiswave in a playable state.

Remember, PCs don't suck anymore like they used to. We're going WAY past Moore's law now a days. Anything is possible. It just takes the right person to get bored and create an emulator.

Edited by Lightsier

Well, emulation regarding neogeo games is over. Thats fine with me since I'll just get their new games on Xbox and play them on Live.  :)

This was the best move SNK could do. Their games will look much better, and get reconized more than before.

There are still someone NeoGeo games that have not been released yet...They are being hoarded by the so called "Emu Elite".....