mslug4n.zip

mslug5n.zip

svcplus.zip

svcbl.zip

kof2k2nd.zip

cthd2k3.zip

Enjoy!

Now i got a little request if possible.

I still need these files to run my games on this new emu.

svc_p1.rom CRC E5794ACC

rotd_p1.rom CRC BD7512D

265-p2n.bin CRC CB07680B

svc_s1.rom CRC 3334AC31

svc_m1.rom CRC 7F01DAC5

261-p1.bin CRC e0d4bc0A

It would be nice if someone can help me with this.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can hex edit the xbe to change the crc's to your roms crc's

get a hex app and open the xbe and search for the crc but in reverse (eg: crc E5794ACC, you look for CC4A79E5) after you find it, type in your rom's crc in reverse order save and try the xbe out

i've done this for my rom on that fbax you posted and they work great except for the rotd since it uses 2 p roms and not the one p1 i got in my current kawa-x se

I'm still waiting on n30ghost's fbax plus which will use kawa-x se roms and even add the 2 games kawa-x never got (v-liner and jockey gp)

Edited by Prican25

you can hex edit the xbe to change the crc's to your roms crc's

get a hex app and open the xbe and search for the crc but in reverse (eg: crc E5794ACC, you look for CC4A79E5) after you find it, type in your rom's crc in reverse order save and try the xbe out

This is another great example of why the Kawa-X Plus, Kawa-X SE, and FBAX HACK users need a standarized set of ROMS. Kawa-X seems to have the ability to let a user use roms of a differend crc, but it doesn't look like FBAX does.

If everyone continues to use different sets this mess will never get cleared up. Everytime someone adds support for a game in FBAX, everyone has to dl a new default and then hex edit it to match whichever set they are using?.....How much sence does that make?

Someone should put together a rom list to have as a standard set. It should be as close to the "official" sets as possable. When it is a game that has no "official" set..........which is most of the newer set. The set should be as close to the sets used by the PC emulators. Most importantly.....all sets should be as full functional as possable. What I mean by this is, all sets should support console mode, svcplus should have ALL 36 characters unlocked, many P1s don't unlock the final 4 characters. Many s1 roms for svcbl, and svcplus don't have all of the sound FX. Some P1 roms for svcplus don't display the plus in the intro.

A set shoud be made that has all of thses things and be as close to the regular PC sets as possable. Then it can hexed in by someone, and posted by someone with a dat. THEN......people can stop trading p1, s1, and m1 roms in and out of sets, and we can all have a set of roms that work with any of these hack emulators without all the fuss.

This is another great example of why the Kawa-X Plus, Kawa-X SE, and FBAX HACK users need a standarized set of ROMS. Kawa-X seems to have the ability to let a user use roms of a differend crc, but it doesn't look like FBAX does.

The beginning of all this can be found in "kawa-x Plus" which involved some doubling of roms, splitting, etc. Crude but effective with the central objective was to get unsupported roms to run. Then the xbe hexing was discovered and an entirely new strategy was adopted to making the emu recognize romsets.......ENTER KAWA_X SE - this build by Mr.X supports the roms as they are found in the scene and by far the most USER-FRIENDLY version of the Kawa-X, eliminating the need for all the renaming, etc provided that the end-user has a matching romset. (I personally tested SE(alpha) - the first default.xbe that Mr.X made (before it was called "SE") I went to sites and re-downloaded complete romsets that were supported at the time with SE and I had about a 90% success rate in just plugging and playing those roms. Thats pretty damn impressive if you ask me considering all the rom sources out there, etc.

If everyone continues to use different sets this mess will never get cleared up. Everytime someone adds support for a game in FBAX, everyone has to dl a new default and then hex edit it to match whichever set they are using?.....How much sence does that make?

If everyone was using SE then there would be no concerns as as mentioned above- SE supports romsets as they are in the scene.

Someone should put together a rom list to have as a standard set. It should be as close to the "official" sets as possable. When it is a game that has no "official" set..........which is most of the newer set. The set should be as close to the sets used by the PC emulators. Most importantly.....all sets should be as full functional as possable.What I mean by this is, all sets should support console mode, svcplus should have ALL 36 characters unlocked, many P1s don't unlock the final 4 characters. Many s1 roms for svcbl, and svcplus don't have all of the sound FX. Some P1 roms for svcplus don't display the plus in the intro.

Thats really a matter of opinion. Some people are emulator freaks that want their games to be run as close to the actual arcade version as possible.....so you see the conflict with your comments about UNLOCKED characters, etc. Also SE supports both the Bootleg and PLUS versions of SVC (basically different P1s) and PLUS does show the PLUS on the screen but has all characters and newest M and S roms. Plus is what makes it the plus. Newer sets like Samsho5 and Mslug5 have not had major changes made to them from the final releases that were running. As we all know we generally are waiting for a P1 that will run for us on kawaks/nebula/neorage or whatever. P1s were released for both of these games which allow us to run them in kawa-x.

A set shoud be made that has all of thses things and be as close to the regular PC sets as possable. Then it can hexed in by someone, and posted by someone with a dat. THEN......people can stop trading p1, s1, and m1 roms in and out of sets, and we can all have a set of roms that work with any of these hack emulators without all the fuss.

I havent really heard a lot of people complaining much. In fact in many ways (imho) it has strengthened this community here with members helping eachother out and as they grow to learn more about the emu, they become teachers instead of students. Ive been very impressed by all this actually. Kawa-X Se allows you the flexibilty to play around with your roms (switching out P and S roms, etc ) since there is no CRC check. So in the case of SVC(PLUS) if you dont want the PLUS to show up but you also want all characters unlocked, then all you would need to do is change out a P rom that has all characters unlocked and no PLUS. The EMU SCENE standard with SVC is to have the BOOTLEG and the PLUS versions as Mr.X has added them in SE.

Now ENTER: FBAX

With the link provided, right away most of you are going to have compatibility issues with certain roms, ESP: kof2k2nd.zips p2n...there might be others with PIM, Sengoku3 and others.....who knows. Reason being, FBAX checks CRC (currently-ill get to this in a minute). Also everyone will need a new neogeo bios for FBAX (all mentioned in the readme and website)....Ofcourse his motivation wasnt a transition from KAWA-X to FBAX the compile was done for himself according to roms he has. Great job too.

So why even bother?

Well FBAX could be a PLAY ALL on 1 EMU/XBE solution that a lot of people seem to be looking for. No more renaming/ replacing romsets in order to trick emu into running newer games, simply adding the driver will bring it INTO the rom family with all others. (CPS1,CPS2,CAVE, TOEPLAN,NEOGEO).

-I know that DJBASE (the person that compiled the zip that has been linked here) is working with someone to remove the CRC checking in fbax. This would mean more flexibilty with the emu and more opportunity to "play" around with your romsets.......basically SIZE would be the only thing that matters.

I have recently learned how to compile and add drivers to FBAX and my goal is to create a version that is more compatibile to the SE roms with little or no need to go in and hex crc values. Also add compatibility for other decrypted romsets that are NOT compatible with FBAX currently. (mslug3, strikers,kof2k,kof2k1,kof99) which will be even more of a smooth transition for everyone here.

When i release my version (very soon) it will include a "dat" of the roms i added to it as well as 'preview' images that you can add to that folder so you get a little pic when you highlight the rom and a new MENU image (cause i cant stand the one it comes with).

_personally i have found that the FBAX sound levels are lower and tend to break up more often than in Kawa-X. But you should all try it out for yourselves.

The compile i will be building will still be as PLUS was.....something for ME that I share with YOU.

Edited by N3oGhost

with regard to the crc checking in FBA,

I don't know about this "FBAX" version, but whenever I compile FBA with new drivers, I can test roms with different CRCs all I want by just ignoring the warning message that pops up. You just click "Ok" and then it continues to load the rom. Even if the rom is highlighted in red, you can still load it from the list by making sure to uncheck the "show available" option so it doesn't hide rom from you.

When I finally decide on the rom sets I want to use, I then write the correct CRC checks in and recompile so the warning messages don't come up.

The beginning of all this can be found in "kawa-x Plus" which involved some doubling of roms, splitting, etc. Crude but effective with the central objective was to get unsupported roms to run. Then the xbe hexing was discovered and an entirely new strategy was adopted to making the emu recognize romsets.......ENTER KAWA_X SE - this build by Mr.X supports the roms as they are found in the scene and by far the most USER-FRIENDLY version of the Kawa-X, eliminating the need for all the renaming, etc provided that the end-user has a matching romset. (I personally tested SE(alpha) - the first default.xbe that Mr.X made (before it was called "SE") I went to sites and re-downloaded complete romsets that were supported at the time with SE and I had about a 90% success rate in just plugging and playing those roms. Thats pretty damn impressive if you ask me considering all the rom sources out there, etc.

If everyone was using SE then there would be no concerns as as mentioned above- SE supports romsets as they are in the scene.

Someone should put together a rom list to have as a standard set. It should be as close to the "official" sets as possable. When it is a game that has no "official" set..........which is most of the newer set. The set should be as close to the sets used by the PC emulators. Most importantly.....all sets should be as full functional as possable.What I mean by this is, all sets should support console mode, svcplus should have ALL 36 characters unlocked, many P1s don't unlock the final 4 characters. Many s1 roms for svcbl, and svcplus don't have all of the sound FX. Some P1 roms for svcplus don't display the plus in the intro.

Thats really a matter of opinion. Some people are emulator freaks that want their games to be run as close to the actual arcade version as possible.....so you see the conflict with your comments about UNLOCKED characters, etc. Also SE supports both the Bootleg and PLUS versions of SVC (basically different P1s) and PLUS does show the PLUS on the screen but has all characters and newest M and S roms. Plus is what makes it the plus. Newer sets like Samsho5 and Mslug5 have not had major changes made to them from the final releases that were running. As we all know we generally are waiting for a P1 that will run for us on kawaks/nebula/neorage or whatever. P1s were released for both of these games which allow us to run them in kawa-x.

I havent really heard a lot of people complaining much. In fact in many ways (imho) it has strengthened this community here with members helping eachother out and as they grow to learn more about the emu, they become teachers instead of students. Ive been very impressed by all this actually. Kawa-X Se allows you the flexibilty to play around with your roms (switching out P and S roms, etc ) since there is no CRC check. So in the case of SVC(PLUS) if you dont want the PLUS to show up but you also want all characters unlocked, then all you would need to do is change out a P rom that has all characters unlocked and no PLUS. The EMU SCENE standard with SVC is to have the BOOTLEG and the PLUS versions as Mr.X has added them in SE.

Now ENTER: FBAX

With the link provided, right away most of you are going to have compatibility issues with certain roms, ESP: kof2k2nd.zips p2n...there might be others with PIM, Sengoku3 and others.....who knows. Reason being, FBAX checks CRC (currently-ill get to this in a minute). Also everyone will need a new neogeo bios for FBAX (all mentioned in the readme and website)....Ofcourse his motivation wasnt a transition from KAWA-X to FBAX the compile was done for himself according to roms he has. Great job too.

So why even bother?

Well FBAX could be a PLAY ALL on 1 EMU/XBE solution that a lot of people seem to be looking for. No more renaming/ replacing romsets in order to trick emu into running newer games, simply adding the driver will bring it INTO the rom family with all others. (CPS1,CPS2,CAVE, TOEPLAN,NEOGEO).

-I know that DJBASE (the person that compiled the zip that has been linked here) is working with someone to remove the CRC checking in fbax. This would mean more flexibilty with the emu and more opportunity to "play" around with your romsets.......basically SIZE would be the only thing that matters.

I have recently learned how to compile and add drivers to FBAX and my goal is to create a version that is more compatibile to the SE roms with little or no need to go in and hex crc values. Also add compatibility for other decrypted romsets that are NOT compatible with FBAX currently. (mslug3, strikers,kof2k,kof2k1,kof99) which will be even more of a smooth transition for everyone here.

When i release my version (very soon) it will include a "dat" of the roms i added to it as well as 'preview' images that you can add to that folder so you get a little pic when you highlight the rom and a new MENU image (cause i cant stand the one it comes with).

_personally i have found that the FBAX sound levels are lower and tend to break up more often than in Kawa-X. But you should all try it out for yourselves.

The compile i will be building will still be as PLUS was.....something for ME that I share with YOU.

So, Have you tried to replace CRC with values 0000000, because that allows to play with all CRC you want without checking with Nebula on PC.