What does your desktop look like?

Gryph

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. I don't like high resolution because almost EVERYTHING is incompatible with it.

2. How do I post an image? I don't have a website where I can post it, and the "user posted image" don't work

Anon.

1. huh??? like what? :mrgreen:

2. You can get free webhosting at places like tripod.com, fortunecity.com, and geocities.com. Your space and bandwidth will be very limited, but it will be more than enough to host pics to display in forums and whatnot.

The high resolution thing is just me angry because my pathetic video card can only support up to 1280 and it can ONLY be at 256 colors!

Somethings suck about huge resolutions. Wallpapers are somewhat scarce, If you have bad eyesight, it is suicide, and... yeah :lol:

Anon.

ah... Yeah, that makes more sense. I'm sure you can get a replacement for pretty cheap that would fix that. ATI 9600 cards are around $100... 9000, 9100, and 9200 cards are even cheaper.

Wallpapers at 1600x1200 are pretty hard to find... most of what I have used is enlarged and sharpened in photoshop, or it's something I have created from scratch myself. My latest wallpaper is actually cropped from a larger 1600x1600 image, though. Also, I guess you need a big enough monitor to handle high resolutions. I have a 21" display, which can handle the 1600x1200 at a pretty comfortable 85hz.

That's another thing that many people don't know about... the refresh rate (hz) of their monitor. Most people leave it at the default 60hz, which is eye strain hell (especially if you crank up the resolution). Raise that to 85hz or more so that you don't kill your eyes.

Well the photoediting software because we had to paste the picture into something (and we're not using Paint :D), Winamp because we are listening to music, and downloading and chatting on mIRC. 1emulation is open just because it's so badass. :)