(Kawaks / Nebula) King of Fighters 2003 News IV

James

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, this might be lame but........

Has anyone tried/downloaded the NeorageX version of KOF2003 and KOF2003 Plus and then trying to make them run on WinKawaks 1.46? Just curious.... ^^

As Prican25 said it has been tested and it doesn't work.....I tested it out myself <_>

I'm happy to play this in FBA but for the people who prefer Nebula or Kawaks it looks like you might be in for a long wait...

But since the people who are working on the KOF2003 P1 hacks have finished with NRX they will be able to put their full effort into getting it running in Nebula and Kawaks.

lets hope when they do get working there will be no sound issues like there is in that hacked NRX

What sound issues?

on the intro parts of the sounds are missing (from the music) while in game voices and sound effects are missing i have played kof2003 on mame and fba and i do not have that problem with sound. so i know its not the roms

Strange...My voices/music seems to be OK. Although I had to get another M1 to fix those.

Strange...My voices/music seems to be OK. Although I had to get another M1 to fix those.

so did i and it did not change anything.

Most strange then....

ever tried deleting the nvram (or whatever that is for NRX)?

I don't think that will help. NeoRAAGEx only saves DIP settings and highscore tables.

ever tried deleting the nvram (or whatever that is for NRX)?

yes and failed anyway FBA is better than nrx at this point in time I was thinking of compileing a neogeo only version of FBA i wonder if i can do it.

it isnt tough really, i did it myself but its been a while since ive done that. just study the makefile for a bit so you know what references to other systems you can remove. also you will need to edit the file "app.rc" inside <your FBA source folder>\src\burner so you can remove the checkboxes for other systems in the load window.

i just tried this because i want to see if it would make compiling a bit faster on my end. it did, but the difference is barely noticeable at all.

imho, it isnt really worth making a neogeo only FBA since it doesnt have a huge library of games to begin with (compared to MAME). but still, its your choice so good luck :D

credits to iq_132 on the app.rc bit :lol:. ill try looking for what you need to remove in the makefile to make things easier