(Kawaks / Nebula) King of Fighters 2003 News IV

James

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an idea. Can you guys tell me if this would work?

Let's say I installed linux on my xbox. Then I install Vmware (a program that emulates a computer within an OS), and then proceed to install windows 98 underneath Vmware and the latest version of directx. Could I then run kawaks on my emulated windows on an xbox? I know there would be memory issues, the xbox has 64 megs of ram, and KOF2003 is about forty megs. right? I think win98 needs very little ram to run, probably just three or four, and linux about the same. I heard somewhere that you have about 400 mhz of performance in windows emulated on the xbox. Would the kawaks dev be able to run in this environment? I think I could just barely pull it off.

The reason I ask this is because I would much rather sit and play against my friends on a television than bunch in around a computer monitor.

Edited by iamnotagod

I have an idea.  Can you guys tell me if this would work?

Let's say I installed linux on my xbox.  Then I install Vmware (a program that emulates a computer within an OS), and then proceed to install windows 98 underneath Vmware and the latest version of directx.  Could I then run kawaks on my emulated windows on an xbox?  I know there would be memory issues, the xbox has 64 megs of ram, and KOF2003 is about forty megs. right?  I think win98 needs very little ram to run, probably just three or four, and linux about the same.  I heard somewhere that you have about 400 mhz of performance in windows emulated on the xbox.  Would the kawaks dev be able to run in this environment?  I think I could just barely pull it off.

The reason I ask this is because I would much rather sit and play against my friends on a television than bunch in around a computer monitor.

400Mhz gives a decent to great speed on a real Windows PC using system memory for surface allocation. however, for all emus (except NRX and MAME) the vital part that makes the speed is the video card (setting surface allocation to video memory).

thats my observation for Kawaks' speed on PCs. im not sure how that can make X-BOX comparability. especially for the fact that youre suggesting of running an emu within en emu.

Edited by Xeon

hey i'm a newbie to emulation :)

but i found this link to a "Supposedly kawaks emu for kof2k3"

http://www.fileplanet.com/files/130000/135674.shtml

I'm getting more familar with kawaks since its the only emulator that worked for me, (besides neorage) but I couldn't get kof to work on this. so if you guys can make kof2k3 work on this version (or post another link to the 1.48.dev that works)can u please let me know. Cause everytime i try to download the 1.48.dev the zip is always corrupt :(

thanks in advance.

(this site is really helpfull by the way :D )

Edited by Anticon27

I know there would be memory issues, the xbox has 64 megs of ram, and KOF2003 is about forty megs. right?  I think win98 needs very little ram to run, probably just three or four, and linux about the same.

I think what's important is the uncompressed size (about 90 megs for kof2003), not the zipped one; please correct me if I'm wrong.

If you already have Linux on your XBox, why not just use XMame (mame's port to *nix systems)? This would not eliminate the memory issue, but at least it would be a soulution to the performance one.

I know there would be memory issues, the xbox has 64 megs of ram, and KOF2003 is about forty megs. right?  I think win98 needs very little ram to run, probably just three or four, and linux about the same.

I think what's important is the uncompressed size (about 90 megs for kof2003), not the zipped one; please correct me if I'm wrong.

If you already have Linux on your XBox, why not just use XMame (mame's port to *nix systems)? This would not eliminate the memory issue, but at least it would be a soulution to the performance one.

I must admit this is offtipic.

I have an idea.  Can you guys tell me if this would work?

Let's say I installed linux on my xbox.  Then I install Vmware (a program that emulates a computer within an OS), and then proceed to install windows 98 underneath Vmware and the latest version of directx.  Could I then run kawaks on my emulated windows on an xbox?  I know there would be memory issues, the xbox has 64 megs of ram, and KOF2003 is about forty megs. right?  I think win98 needs very little ram to run, probably just three or four, and linux about the same.  I heard somewhere that you have about 400 mhz of performance in windows emulated on the xbox.  Would the kawaks dev be able to run in this environment?  I think I could just barely pull it off.

wow man, just get the FBAX thats runnin kof2k3 now.

unless its just a project you want to try out.

please go to http://www.1emulation.com/forums/index.php...hp?showforum=21

this thread is for the kawaks nebula not the fbax emu

Edited by james

It's definately easier to just play it for FBAX (getting now) then waiting around for the kawaks version or trying some crazy stuff about installing Linux on your Xbox just for to play KOF2003 through some emulator. :-D

please go to http://www.1emulation.com/forums/index.php...hp?showforum=21

this thread is for the kawaks nebula not the fbax emu

Edited by james