(Kawaks / Nebula) King of Fighters 2003 News IV

James

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neorage X was always meant for low end computers. Mame was never meant for speed, but accuracy of emulation. So your comp will just have to keep up with mame.

ironically, a nice percentage that prefers NRX is actually playing on high-end PCs. want proof? WinXP.

if your PC can run XP nicely then im sure as hell it can play anything other than NRX with smooth to flawless speed. i guess the user-friendliness of NRX is still top-notch that it tends to beat other emus on charisma.

Well, according to previous experience (And with help from the members of this forum.... ^^)

Recent SNK Playmore fighting games starting from KOF2002 (SVC Chaos and KOF2003), has a different control scheme, making is impossible to do half-circle moves the normal way (I mean, if your right is D, S is down and A is left, pressing D,S,A fast will not register the half-circle.....)

The only way is to wait for a P1 rom patch that will solve this.

Problem is, until a proper ROM set is released, the one that works with normal Kawaks and NeoRage, chances are it is unlikely to happen...

But I noticed that MAME does not have this problem.... Why? B)

Hi

i'm poirot, another one trying to fix the p roms to work with any emu

well, i have 3 ways to get this new rom

the chop and copy way that everyone is trying

an easy but not sure (waiting for something)

and the VERY HARD way. i'm pratically re-writing the entire rom! and this isn't fun...

more, i have two BIG problems:

if I try in home, the PC is too slow, and takes 17 min to load.

if I try in school, the PC has many functions blocked, and I'm using neorageX to test, what is really a s***

but i will figure it out

i'm gonna update my site soon

http://www.kof2003fix.cjb.net

Recent SNK Playmore fighting games starting from KOF2002 (SVC Chaos and KOF2003), has a different control scheme, making is impossible to do half-circle moves the normal way (I mean, if your right is D, S is down and A is left, pressing D,S,A fast will not register the half-circle.....)

Why would they do that?

hey poirot, good work as always

and to the final paragraph concerning the emulation "elite"

amen brother...you hit it on the head.

there is nothing more that i despise about the whole emulation 'scene' than hipocrisy.

oh well....life goes on.

-jin