What is the difference between the Garou rom sets?

Gryph

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About all the version...is there a specific version that fix the ending story? The text file is messed up in Marco Ending and who else i forgot

Maybe and S1 fix? As far as I know, the text shouldn't be messed up in Set 1.

The prototype is another matter.

hes probably playing with the prototype. ive been looking for a patch like this back when i was using NRX. to my dismay, i cant find one.

i just decided to suck it up and download the encrypted ROM (good thing FBA had its first release with Neogeo back then), and what a nice decision that was. other than being "bugless", the gameplay is generally tweaked - the aspect which i think made the game live up to its name.

Yup..forget to tell...mine is Prototype [garoup.zip]

I once get the patch but it's only for Training Mode, but the result is Kim Dong Hwan sound is missing [ his winning pose when he point himself and sound Douu? is missing]

So the text shouldn't be messed up in Set 1. Humm better try for this one...thx

I once get the patch but it's only for Training Mode, but the result is Kim Dong Hwan sound is missing [ his winning pose when he point himself and sound Douu? is missing]

The protype Garou need P1, P2 and possibly M1 fixes to work "properly" (properly in the meaning of closest possible to the real thing.)

• 3 weeks later...

The protype Garou need P1, P2 and possibly M1 fixes to work "properly" (properly in the meaning of closest possible to the real thing.)

Is work "properly" also meaning Fixed text error? Sorry i'm still confused :blink:

Is the Set 1 version already fixed the missed text? Despite all the sound and the graphic glitch [now i remember the graphic error in Terry and Tizoc stages, duh :blink: ]

Is work "properly" also meaning Fixed text error? Sorry i'm still confused :angry:

Is the Set 1 version already fixed the missed text? Despite all the sound and the graphic glitch [now i remember the graphic error in Terry and Tizoc stages, duh :blink: ]

As far as I know, the text bugs and other smaller bugs haven't been corrected in the Prototype. But still the currect state of the proto is much better than it was before. i.e. no more freezing when you perform Jae Hoon's Neri Chagi TOP attack, etc. etc.)

I noticed one difference. It's a lot harder to get above S rating fighting in the S1. In the prototype, I always got S, SS, and sometimes even SSS. But now all I get is AA, and AAA.

And whenever you beat someone, they're portrait turns gray.

Ive been at Neogamez following up on NRX game fixes and got links to fixes that allow me to play Garou final on NRX, problem is that the game freezes if you reach the 3rd round while facing Terry. Thats the only bug that comes to mind at the moment....